wot do u think?

littlelol
littlelol Posts: 539
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey evry1 just wanted some advice. I work on a ward and about twice a day i do a ten minuite walk from my ward to another ward. Should I count this as exercise and wrkout the cals burned?x

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    huh? lol
  • Errrr....
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Hey evry1 just wanted sum advice. I wrk on a ward and about twice a day a do a ten min walk 4rm my ward to another ward. Shud I count these as exercise and wrkout the cals burned?x

You'll get more responses if you can post in English instead of text speak.

Your work activity should be covered in your Activity Level.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    If it is above and beyond your regular daily routine, you sure can! If I do laps or walks purposely as an extra, I count it as exercise. Good for you for choosing to walk a little extra each day!!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Hey evry1 just wanted sum advice. I wrk on a ward and about twice a day a do a ten min walk 4rm my ward to another ward. Shud I count these as exercise and wrkout the cals burned?x

You'll get more responses if you can post in English instead of text speak.

Your work activity should be covered in your Activity Level.

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this!

Agreed on the activity level too - you should factor it into your settings.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    I generally don't count stuff I do for work or even everyday as exercise. Unless it is particularly strenuous work. But just walking I don't count because you do it everyday and your body doesn't consider that exercise. I think this is what you were asking, the shortened words make it difficult to read.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293

I sincerely hope this isn't your actual spelling ability.

If it's something that you do every day at work then I wouldn't count it. MFP has you set your daily activity level, this would be included in that.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    If that is part of your job, NO! If you are taking a break from your job and doing it for exercise and somedays you may not do that, then Yes!

You don't count any part of your job into your exercise, because that would mean you are counting it twice.
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    YES!!! That is called accidental excercise!! Count any activity into your workouts :) Remember though if you do this activity everyday it becomes the "routine" part of your excercise....meaning your body is used to it and it isnt extra...make sense??lol
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    I sincerly hope you realize I am dyslexic!!!!
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    I wouldnt count it. I walk around the school at work and I just count that as regular activity.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    I understood every word but that's probably because I'm Dyslexic as well! :blushing:

As for my answer, I probably wouldn't add it because you do that anyway. I only add what I do above and beyond my normal routine.
  • tropiko
    tropiko Posts: 1 Member
    I would say whatever you do in addition to the normal routine is what you should add.
This discussion has been closed.