apple cider vinegar

Options
so i've got a lot of skin issues and i hear consuming apple cider vinegar daily may help with cleansing & digestion and greatly aid in helping with chronic skin rashes/conditions. anybody have any experience with making a little mixture of avc to drink? i can't imagine it tastes that great lol, but if it'll help calm my skin i'd be willing to try it..

o:)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it, but I do use it on my face like a toner... Works well for me.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    thanks the first no was very helpful

i do use it sometimes topically, but my skin is sensitive so i have to dilute it quite a bit so it's not as powerful, but ive also read on forums/sites that including avc in the diet could help when you struggle with things like tinea versicolor & other candida problems
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    no, it doesn't. and "candida" problems are a lot of bs.

AVC is a very important ingredient in a lot of my cooking though. Stews, sauerkraut, rottkraut, sauerbraten, roast chicken, etc. etc. Good addition for flavor.
  • squishprincess
    Options
    well idunno i can see there being a link in flare ups with candida, and i suffer from a lot of skin related issues due to it. it being the candida, not the link between diet/candida. but sugar does flare it ive noticed

i do wanna start cooking with it more though in general, i only ever use it in baking really
    i was just looking for feedback from anyone here personally cus im always reading about it it seems wherever a site leads me, so idk!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    My husband drinks a concoction 2x a day with Braggs ACV (with the mother), some honey (from our own bees) and distilled water. It smells gross but he swears he can see/feel the health benefits and now that I'm thinking about it, he hasn't been sick since he started doing it. It may be the placebo effect at work here, but who knows.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I like to add it to my salad dressings.
  • dbmata
    Options
    well idunno i can see there being a link in flare ups with candida, and i suffer from a lot of skin related issues due to it. it being the candida, not the link between diet/candida. but sugar does flare it ive noticed

i do wanna start cooking with it more though in general, i only ever use it in baking really
    i was just looking for feedback from anyone here personally cus im always reading about it it seems wherever a site leads me, so idk!

This is candida overgrowth.
    Derm-57.jpg

640px-Human_tongue_infected_with_oral_candidiasis.jpg

systemic-candida.jpg

Is that what you look like? Then no, you don't have overgrowth. Just susceptibility to dodgy marketing.

Enjoy ACV for what it is, a great tasting (in general) vinegar, and a much needed addition to a lot of meals. Don't fall for people promoting it as a cure of all the world's ills.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing a teaspoon in a glass of water twice a day. I like it. I would never promote it as a "cures all" substance, but I haven't been bloated since taking it and it has given me a little more energy throughout the day. Skin wise I haven't really had any breakouts since taking it either now that I think about it. The taste isn't too bad either. It has a little bit of a red wine taste. Doesn't taste great, but doesn't taste as bad as I thought.

I <3 it so far.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Is that what you look like? Then no, you don't have overgrowth. Just susceptibility to dodgy marketing.

Enjoy ACV for what it is, a great tasting (in general) vinegar, and a much needed addition to a lot of meals. Don't fall for people promoting it as a cure of all the world's ills.
    I've seen grody tongues. I've seen eyes with pus, swelling and/or odd colors. I've seen eyes without eyeballs.

I have never seen that. That was cool, thanks for sharing.

(First pic didn't load for me.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

I've seen grody tongues. I've seen eyes with pus, swelling and/or odd colors. I've seen eyes without eyeballs.

I have never seen that. That was cool, thanks for sharing.

(First pic didn't load for me.

First pic was just skin fungus, a semi-mild case. The rest though, that's actual fungal overgrowth. It's definitely not what is being promoted by the current crop of snake oilers.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not sure about a 'cure' for yeast issues...oh and those recent photos are just disgusting...just saying.

Anyways, I posted this back in the fall. I drink ACV with water and a bit of stevia everyday - helps my blood sugars

"Apparently drinking vinegars and 'shrubs' is a whole movement...and I'm on board. Not only yummy, but incredibly good for your system too!
    So many recipes online too.
    Do you drink shrubs too?"
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I use Braggs. 2 tsps 3 times a day with a tiny bit of honey added to take the edge off.
  • shartran
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    No. An ex used to swear by evening primrose oil though.

I worked for me when I needed to 'clear' my skin - and I used borage oil too.
  • squishprincess
    edited December 2014
    Options
    actually i do have an overgrowth of yeast on my skin, it's called tinea versicolor.. i know what's on my body, it's a chronic issue i've dealt with for the past couple of years and i'm also susceptible to yeast infections elsewhere.. but yea i do have a chronic skin fungus that's hard to treat, as there is no ''''cure''' so no need for gross pics! lol

really this topic i posted to see if anyone struggling with things like that, such as tinea versicolor, had had any added benefit from consuming avc more often. but anyway!

i think i'll def try it with honey rather than by itself, ahha. and also have found salad dressing recipes. :smile:
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    For over 3 years, I drank 2 tablespoons of unfiltered ACV in a glass of water each day, and it did not:
    • Aid in digestion
    • Help with skin conditions and acne
    • "Cleanse" from the inside, nor did it aid my liver in any way

It did:
    • Gradually rot away the enamel of my teeth, even when sipping through a straw
    • Cause acid reflux
    • Cost me quite a bit of money

That's just my own experience, so it may be different for you.
  • shartran
    Options
    You might have better luck following a Candida diet including focusing on: probiotics, detox, improving colon health, hormones, antifungals, nutritional deficiencies, liver health, food sensitivities and more.

The most crucial part is to remove all forms of sugar.

I'm sure you know about this. I don't think 'one' thing will help...sounds like a life style that needs to be adopted.
  • dbmata
    Options
    oh god, "candida diet" lol.

such a shill diet.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    See a doctor and/or dermatologist. The problem with these unproven home remedies is that people use them and put off/avoid getting actual medical help. You can even ask the doctor about diet.
  • dbmata
    Options
    another problem is that they're unproven.