Weightlifting

Options
New to MyFitnessPal and wondered why no calories accounted for weightlifting?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you'll actually find weight lifting in the cardiovasular section and that will give you your calorie burn there :)
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log my lifting under cardio. Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you wish. I log on every single day.
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You will find if you use a HRM that your weightlifting calories will be significantly higher than what MFP estimates them to be. Just keep in mind that when using general stuff like that its always a 'best guess' My HRM broke and so I use the general estimates, because its better than not logging :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can log the calories under Cardiovascular, strength training; then log the actual exercises you do under the Strength Training heading. I do both, because I like to look back at the exercises and weights done, not just the calorie burn.
  • Welsh72
    Welsh72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tim U can use an app to log ur training and it syncs with MFP and ur calorie usage is transfered across.

good luck with the training
  • williams4707
    williams4707 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use my watch to track my workouts, then it logs in myfitnesspal for me.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting an 8-yr-dead topic. How much searching did you have to do to even find this? My past experience with the "search topics" feature is usually not very fruitful.