Green tea drinkers!

Options
Ro5238
Ro5238 Posts: 144 Member
How often do you drink it? Any other teas you drink? I prefer black tea but I try to limit caffeine and I drink coffee in the am.

Replies

• jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i went from about 20 cups of normal tea with milk to around 10 cups of green tea a day now ..cant look at normal tea anymore which causes fun on planes and in restaurants when i ask for a cup of hot water as i carry around a supply with me when i go out as most places very rarely do flavoured green teas.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just finished drinking a cup of Chamomile Tea (naturally decaf). Add half a tsp of organic raw honey + 1-2 tsp of whole milk. A great and satisfying 'treat' for any time of day (especially relaxing during evenings). If you want to save on cals just minus the honey and use 1 tsp of low-fat milk (milk enhances the flavor of this tea). I'm a coffee/tea lover and understand about 'limiting caffeine' -this works for me tho!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I started drinking green tea to cut down on coffee plus it is to make one's blood less acid.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Right now that it's cold I drink so much of it to keep me warm. I drink it plain just like I do chamomile, jasmine, and ginger tea. But black tea, I have to sweeten it with some sugar. I love tea as much as I love coffee. :drinker: :drinker:
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I take a warm cup of green tea with lemon zest by Lipton after my lunch. Love it!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Plain water is boring to me, so drinking tea helps me get my water in. I like the gentle flavor of white tea, which I am drinking as I type this. I drink green as well, and love black tea blends - usually flavored with things like orange peel, spices, lavender flowers, cacao, anise, vanilla, dried fruits, etc. - natural flavorings in various combinations. I don't love Rooibos, (it's like tree bark to me,) but some people do, so try it if you're looking for something different. I haven't tried Mate (yerba mate) tea yet, but it's supposed to be a stimulant like caffeine, but without the side effects. I sometimes do herbal - peppermint and ginger - if my stomach needs soothing, but not that often. I don't like to add sweetener to my teas, usually.

Ever since my husband introduced me to loose leaf teas a few months ago, I CANNOT stand cheap quality ground tea in tea bags - the kind you buy in the grocery store. The difference is amazing. I'm such a tea snob now. High quality teas have ruined me. I order online and there are literally thousands of varieties and flavors. Tea is never boring now. I probably have 1-4 cups a day. <3
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Im drinking Green Tea instead of Coffee now - its alot better and so much more better for you.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I haven't drank much tea while pregnant, because I have been trying to limit my caffeine. I've occasionally had a mocha lately because this is the only time I am able to fit that many liquid calories into my day. I only get one shot so it's not so close to the recommended caffeine limit so it's basically a hot cocoa. I'm about to give up coffee for at least a year while I breastfeed because I've read it can contribute to colic or that caffeine can be stored up in babies and make them restless. So I will be switching back to tea soon.

Before I would drink a pot of green tea most afternoons. I like yerba mate too, it's brewed hotter so it's closer to coffee without being as harsh on your stomach and you can drink it plain. I liked to have a peppermint or chamomile tea in the evenings sometimes to relax. In the hotter times of years I would switch from hot to cold teas. I really like cold plain black, spiced chai or thai tea with just plain almond milk. I used to take them sweet but I can't tolerate as much sweetness anymore. Sometimes I will still get a half sweet tea when I am at a restaurant.

I think I am going to try to limit myself to only a little caffeinated tea when I really need it. I'm still looking forward to being able to enjoy caffeine with wild abandon again. I have respect for people who are able to cut down on caffeine for health's sake. It's my one vice.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Green tea, black tea, liquorice tea……… Oh the list goes on, I love tea lol loose leaf is preferred but bags are convenient (ooo I sound snobby, I'm not really) but thats due to the different varieties around x
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Acai berry green tea! Earl grey tea with sweet condensed milk and splash of soy milk is probably my favorite right now though.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Republic of Tea has so many good flavors of green tea! I am a huge fan of their kiwi pear, goji raspberry, black raspberry, and wild berry plum. They also sell some very tasty chocolate teas! Link for those interested: http://www.republicoftea.com/
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    I drink 3 glasses a day. I like jasmine tea too. I mix honey with both. I always check my grocery sale shelf for teas lol last week I got a green tea with cucumber and mint. I love chai tea as well. I always order it at indian resrurants . Oh and tai tea boba is my fav to order at asian places.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I was a coffee drinker for years and as of Thanksgiving Day I switched over to no coffee and only green tea -- I prefer loose leaf tea brewed in an infuser but for work I end up with a K-cup or tea bag -- need to start bringing my own. The hardest part was the bad headaches and tiredness for a few weeks that is just now starting to get better caused by my coffee withdraw.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Hi Ro,

Yes--i drink green tea and white tea all the time. yesterday at Starbucks tried the Teavana Youthberry--so yummy, it is a white tea and was wonderful.
    Now i'm having green tea with a teaspoon (or so) of cinnamin added, in addition i have found "swee touch nee" tea to be very enjoyable and not one i ever get tired off drinking. I do mostly prefer low caf or decaf.

This is a happy thread!!!! ☕️☕️☕️
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I can't drink tea if I'm not having food with it unfortunately, as it makes me nauseous, so I'll typically just have some with my afternoon snack or after dinner (decaf then).
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Not often enough. I love the stuff and there's nothing better than a hot cup of tea. Unfortunately the only time I think to drink it during the day is when I'm cold or sick.
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I switched from coffee to only decaf green tea which I expected to hate but I enjoy. I also tried honeybush with mandarin and orange from Twinnings which is very good. I drink green tea and water all day. I even brew my own decaf green Iced Tea at work with a little Stevia. quite a switch from the coffee and diet soda I was consuming.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Genmaicha green tea is pretty delicious, I get it from David's Tea. But I only drink it once in awhile because I mainly drink coffee.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I love Japanese green tea and matcha. As a tea snob I order my loose leaf green tea and match powder from Japan. You can actually get good quality tea from Japan at reasonable prices. I love the toastiness of Hojicha and the almost broth like quality of Genmaicha. For health benefits you can't beat Matcha as it's the whole leaf ground into a powder. But there's some tools and technique involved with matcha but it's fun to explore. I order from 2 websites, Hibiki-An and Yuuki-Cha.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I used to be a huge green tea drinker however I have backed off some. I've had a hard time the past few years with my iron levels. My dr believes my tea is interfering with iron absorbtion. I can still drink it but not during meals or for a few hours after a meal.