david lloyd gyms?

Options
hi

loking to see if anyone has any ideas how much the membership cost and also if thy do a sudent membership?

and also is it worth the money
x

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!!! :noway:

Just my opinion...but once they've got you - that's it! But we were paying £89 each per month (on couples membership!) and that's in crummy old Nottingham - I believe it's more if you live somewhere glamorous. Plus it's a nightmare to quit, 3 month notice period and even then they often "have no recollection of the letter you sent/call you made" to cancel...hmmm!!

If you have a Virgin Active near you, my experiences of that are loads better - I would rejoin in a heartbeat if I lived closer. I appreciate these gyms will all vary city to city - but I was with Holmes Place/became Virgin Active for seven years and they were fantastic. And I know they do amazing student deals. When I first joined I think I was only paying around £30 a month (for a £75 a month gym!)

All depends on the facilities you want I suppose. Some leisure centre gyms are actually okay as most councils are investing more in facilities. Our local ones have amazing facilities, just a shame they are so small...but if you are a student and can go off-peak hours, this wouldn't be an issue?

Good luck! And remember to read any contract you get into with a fine tooth comb!! :wink:
  • ccclay
    ccclay Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi, I haven't joinned but when I looked round they were defo the most expensive (compared to the other gyms). Good range of equipment and classes though. Think they can do discounted rates for couples, OAPs but not sure about students. . . oh but they can do some special offers if you speak to an adviser there!
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    thanks for the reply

i do have a virgin active as well...... hmmm i will look into the vigin active today as wel

xx
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    We pay £66 each on couples membership. Worth every penny though
  • nuttylou
    nuttylou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive joined Nuffield health gym for £40 per month as a student and they have a good range of equipment, 2 pools, over 50 classes per week and the instructors are all very helpful. You also get a health check up x
  • kaaylaa101
    kaaylaa101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey, i was a member of david lloyd a while ago, maybe 4 -5 years ago, and got a cheaper rate whilst working for Natwest bank. however i cancelled my membership, then i re-joined last year and didn't get any discount despite being a student and working in the nhs, i paid over the odds and hardly used it so cancelled it AGAIN haha ... their services are just the same as other gyms, i'd recommend going for a cheaper one to actually see if you go, as their contracts are impossible to leave x
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    David Lloyds in Belfast for an anytime membership is £120 a month

Pure Gym is new, open 24/7 - door unlocked with a pin and is accessible around the clock - £16.99 a month, no contract, just pay each month and get a new pin :o) - there are a few Pure Gym's around the UK