30 day shred

Options
Hi Everyone, I'm Shanna. :)

Today was the first time I exercised in a very very long time, but after reaching a major personal goal this year I am motivated to tackle my second major personal goal which is to be fit. I'm not talking not just any old fit, I mean fitspo / nike model look a like fit!! lol I want that toned body and fab abs. I'm giving myself all of 2015 to achieve that goal.

Currently, I'm about 10 kg's heavier than I'd like to be, but I'm starting with the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred so that my focus will be more on getting the workouts in and creating new daily habits instead of any particular goal weight.

I would love to connect with any one who recently started 30 Day Shred or is about to start in January.

Anyway, good luck on your fitness journeys and hopefully talk to you soon! :smile:

Replies

• Mannalou
    Options
    I will start it with you!
  • MrsPrior
    MrsPrior Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Shanna
    I started my fitness journey almost a year ago with 30 Day Shred. At that time I was a couch potato, about 3 stone overweight and hadn't done a push up or lifted a weight in years.
    When I had been doing the shred for a few weeks I suddenly realised I loved exercise! Since then I have joined a gym, started doing group workouts like Zumba and Les Mills BodyCombat, and taken up running. Alongside all of this I have started focussing on positive nutrition in my diet (i.e. eat lots of what my body needs, and a little of what my eyes fancy) and have now lost over 3 stone, and have toned up so I now fit into the smallest clothes size I have ever worn.
    Best of luck with your journey, I hope the shred helps you achieve everything you wish.
  • ShannaOfgaia
    ShannaOfgaia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi @mannalou! Yayy! My first fitnesspal! Have you done 30 day shred before?
  • ShannaOfgaia
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing @mrsprior! That is great motivation for me. I really want to make some lifestyle changes and start to love exercising as well! :)
  • Mannalou
    Options
    No mam! Never done it!
  • nurseklg
    nurseklg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did my first 30 day shred video tonight! Pooped!
  • BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    im starting it tonight!
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    thinking about starting it lol bit nervous
  • slawrie831
    Options
    Thanks for the share! And nice name too!! Today is my first day on this app and didn't do so well with food intake. Best of luck with your endeavors, tomorrow I will try and start working out. :'(:s:( pray for me.
  • ShannaOfgaia
    Options
    nurseklg wrote: »
    I did my first 30 day shred video tonight! Pooped!

Day 1 was tough. A real shock to the system. But yayy for you, you did it!!
  • ShannaOfgaia
    Options
    emailme178 wrote: »
    thinking about starting it lol bit nervous

I can imagine, but I hope you join us! :)

• ShannaOfgaia
    Options
    slawrie831 wrote: »
    Thanks for the share! And nice name too!! Today is my first day on this app and didn't do so well with food intake. Best of luck with your endeavors, tomorrow I will try and start working out. :'(:s:( pray for me.

Ahw thanks! It's the holidays, too much yummy stuff in the house lol. Food logging is one of the best parts of this site. It's good to see just how much is going in so that you can make the changes you need and move forward. Good luck to you too!! :D
  • ShannaOfgaia
    Options
    Just thought I'd share my results. I lost a total 6.7 inches over all. Including 4 from my waist and 2 from my arms. I didn't lose any weight though. Not sure what that is about, but still very pleased with the results. I lost my day 21 pics unfortunately.
    6bbjc9d68ofj.jpg
  • KittyHeff
    KittyHeff Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just thought I'd share my results. I lost a total 6.7 inches over all. Including 4 from my waist and 2 from my arms. I didn't lose any weight though. Not sure what that is about, but still very pleased with the results. I lost my day 21 pics unfortunately.
    6bbjc9d68ofj.jpg

Having seen this................... I'm starting tonight!!!!
    Well done and thanks for the inspiration :-)