Suggestions? I need some motivation! Please Help.

Options
Please Please Please send me some motivation. I don't know why I can't stick with this anymore. I have 3 weddings, a graduation, and biggest of all I am turning 30 in September and I really need to loose weight. I am gaining instead of losing. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Can we see your diary. what are you eating ? are you eating your calories back?
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I would bet that you are staying under 1200 or so calories, prolly not eating your exercise calories back, and possibly going over on sodium.
    Heres your motivation- SHut off the computer and go do something, just do it. Take a walk, go on a hike, go walk around a mall, go do SOMETHING.... The worst part is actually going to do the exercising, not the exercising. AND, if exercising is the worst part, then you should try to get involved in a Zumba, Yoga or Pilates class or something like that. We can motivate you to go do it, but only you control your body.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    We can give you all the suggestions/motivation in the world but you're the one that has to commit to it. "The buck stop here" is you. Good luck!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The tone of your posts sounds panicky. Calm down and take it slow. Sounds like you are putting too much pressure on yourself. When I do this to myself, I end up eating more than I intend to and counter acting all the hard work I've put into it. Think about why you want to lose weight. Are you trying to impress others at these events or are you trying to do it for yourself?
  • flawedandfabulous
    Options
    You are probably really stressed out about so much going on in your life right now. Take time to relax and really focus on measuring your food and counting every calorie. Sometimes when we are cooking and tasting we need to fool ourselves that it doesn't count. Or maybe not measuring accurately. Pretend like you are going back to day one...you know a back to basics approach. And like Cassie said, just get moving.
  • faerie_dust
    faerie_dust Posts: 25
    Options
    Aw, sorry to hear you're flagging. we all do from time to time...

I recommend going back over your goals and thinking about why you want to lose weight. It's not enough to say "I want to look good" - Why do you want to look good? When you do reach your goal weight what are the things that might happen that you are looking forward to? E.g. People saying "you look terrific", or shopping and finding something super cute to wear. When you go to graduations and weddings, what do you want from the experience? If you can really break it down into specific things it'll become more attainable than "i just want to lose weight".

My other piece of advice is to take one day, one minute, one meal at a time. Today I'm going to really try and eat well. For this meal, i'm going to eat healthily. If you take each moment as it comes, the end result is less daunting... You're being healthy in the here and now... And your body is thanking you!

Good luck!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I got on the scale this morning and was disappointed. I said to myself, I must stay focused. Don't let these forthcoming events define you. Even when you don't see or feel positive results, keep believing. Don't give up, keep trying.
  • johnsonbarn
    johnsonbarn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it is!! Being a mom, it is so hard to be on a diet! You are in the kitchen all the time and the quickest,easiest way to comfort yourself is with food! The kids are crying.... pop in a cookie. The house is trashed...have a handfull of choclate chips. Something is broken....make some brownies. You are finally out of the house, oooh what should I treat myself with? Starbucks? You have to find something that keeps you motivated, it helps to find a friend to lose weight with. Don't give up! You can do it! It has only taken me 12 years to start losing the eight sizes I have gained with every pregnancy.
  • jojokacz
    jojokacz Posts: 13
    Options
    My motivation is that I want to be healthy. I did a couple of master cleanses a couple of years ago, then ate raw vegan for a 1 year and a half. The weight stayed off of me and I felt great. Then my husband had major health issues last year and I was so consumed with him that I forgot about me. The weight started to creep back on; 20 lbs so I realized that I needed to get back to me and my goal of being healthy. During the time that I lost the 60 lbs I was able to get off my medication for; diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholestrol. I was so grateful to be able to do that. So being healthy is a major motivator for me....besides that last week I was able to buy NEW JEANS a SIZE SMALLER!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Its hard not to be panicky with all you have going on, with the pressure you put on yourself to meet your goals. But, truth is, losing weight is a process...not a single event. It can't be scheduled and accomplished and over and done with according to your calendar. Once you adjust your expectations and make changes to your diet as you can and become in tune with eating healthy and being more active, you'll realize your weight will start coming down too.

Breathe deep, make good choices, log what you eat, learn about how to eat healthy, forgive yourself for anything you perceive to be a failure, adjust your expectations and move on!

you'll be amazed at how you can peacefully and serenely make changes in your life!

good luck and happy eating