Best at home workout

Options
I need a really good at home workout. I have been going to the gym but recently lost my exercise buddy so it is really hard for me to get motivated to go. I would rather stay at home and work out the only problem is I don't feel like I get as good a workout from home. I have been interested in turbo jam, and I have tried the videos off of Fitness Magazin.com but I need something that really works. Any advice?

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I need a really good at home workout. I have been going to the gym but recently lost my exercise buddy so it is really hard for me to get motivated to go. I would rather stay at home and work out the only problem is I don't feel like I get as good a workout from home. I have been interested in turbo jam, and I have tried the videos off of Fitness Magazin.com but I need something that really works. Any advice?
  • Jillian Michael's 30 day shred dvd. Yowzers!! Otherwise I've seen a few people post about searching for workout videos/demos on youtube.com...atleast it's a variety all the time and you don't have to pay :D
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a Turbo Jam success story. LOVE IT LOVE IT! There's enough workouts to mix it up day to day & I haven't grown bored of it yet. I've been doing it since August & have lost 33 pounds since I started TJ (the rest came off before I bought it).

good luck!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I love the 30day shred workout video. I have to get back into it again but she works you hard. :drinker:
  • m3dreamer
    Options
    Anything you enjoy will work. I like TJ, Core Rhythms, P90. .. I have a list. I like them all for different reasons.
  • ginaoakes
    Options
    I lost a large amount of my 47 pounds with Slim in 6 from beachbody ! There are three levels to complete. They are each very challenging. I did a work out with Debbie 6 days a week for months.

Good Luck finding the workout that is right for you.
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe Friedrich, she's so hardcore. Most of her videos are step aerobics, but there are a few that aren't if you don't have one, like Drill Max and Boot Camp. She also has some kickboxing videos that are totally killer. Her weightlifting DVDs are amazing as well. You can watch clips of all of her videos at www.cathe.com, but I'd suggest buying them (if you decide you want to) from www.advancedworkouts.com-they have cheaper prices than both her site and amazon (and I think free shipping if you spend more than $20).

Also, www.collagevideo.com has a pretty big selection of workout DVDs and I think their site lets you view video clips, too.
  • BeachBody
    Options
    Someone recommended Tony Horton's P90 and P90X. Check out beachbody.com for more info...
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I love Cathe Friedrich, she's so hardcore. Most of her videos are step aerobics, but there are a few that aren't if you don't have one, like Drill Max and Boot Camp. She also has some kickboxing videos that are totally killer. Her weightlifting DVDs are amazing as well. You can watch clips of all of her videos at www.cathe.com, but I'd suggest buying them (if you decide you want to) from www.advancedworkouts.com-they have cheaper prices than both her site and amazon (and I think free shipping if you spend more than $20).

Also, www.collagevideo.com has a pretty big selection of workout DVDs and I think their site lets you view video clips, too.

Ditto!!! If you have Fitv they show alot of her workouts on there...i record them with my dvr and do them! I do own some(and if i could afford it I would own ALL of the them:wink: ) Her workouts are well worth the money!

Check out her website! Shes amazing!

I lost about 40lbs doing her beginner rotation then lost another 15lbs doing her intermediate rotation! She kicks but and really gets the heart rate up....you won't regret checking her out!

Good luck to you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think it must be said that you NEED to go to the gym, even if you buddy isnt going.

You might find that the silence, or your Ipod music, is enough company.

You are paying for a gym membership! Go! I found that when I went alone I worked harder, sweat more, enjoy the music and dont have to worry about someone elses schedule.

Try it, you might like it!

I dont have a gym membership right now so I have weights, exercise bands, dance to my music, do step aeroebics on my lowest steps. You can look up on line and get free stuff on youtube and such.

Good luck to you !!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: