looking for friends to stay motivated

Options
Hi!
Although I'm not new to MFP, I've gone on hiatus, but am back. I'm looking for some ladies who are active on MFP, and can help me stay motivated. I do have some friends, but many are inactive.
I'm almost 40, need to lose around 40lbs and keep it off. My biggest vice is not being active enough and just eating more calories than I burn. Typical I guess! Not to mention, when the scale doesn't move, I get frustrated and give up. I need to stop that.
If anyone would like to help encourage me, and in turn I will do the same for you, please send me a message or friend request with more about you. :)
Rhonda

Replies

• cherastuart104
    Options
    Hi I just started as well! I will friend you
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I'm just starting back also and need motivating friends! Btw pretty puppy! I have two gsd as well
  • msangsterm
    msangsterm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Evening! Add me! I would be more than happy to offer support! First bit of advice I would give you though is to toss the scale. Measure your progress on how you feel and how your clothes fit.
  • saribelm14
    saribelm14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I will start MFP tomorrow. I also need some friends to say motivated. Feel free to send me a request. :)
  • ephraimshere
    ephraimshere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be a friend. Feel free to add me!
  • actlikealady1986
    Options
    I just started as well. I'll friend you. I'm super serious about losing 50 lbs. If I can lose it, anyone can.
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined after a year absence. Last time I lost just over 30 pounds. I have since regained it all. I know weighing out my portions and tacking my calories is the way to success. I am also almost 40 (just turned 38 in November). My goal is to lose the 30 I regained plus more. For me it isn't about the number on the scale really. I mean I do want to lose at least 60 pounds to be at a healthy range, but most importantly I want to feel better, have more energy, and find some long-awaited confidence within myself. :blush: It will be a long road... but what is motivating to me is seeing "friends" that stayed the course over the past year and have lost over 50 or more pounds!! It makes me smack my head and say, "GAH!" Shoulda, woulda, coulda... but... there is NO going back, only forward.

Let's do this!

I am open to friend requests. Serious life-changers and future success stories only. :wink:

Karen
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You all can add me! I also lost and gained back everything :(