Celebrating my Progress!

Options
amo13
amo13 Posts: 87 Member
I married my best friend and soul mate on January 15, 2011. After seeing pictures of myself on our wedding day, I decided to get serious and focus on losing weight and getting healthy. I've always struggled with body image issues and my weight - fluctuating up and down, but never consistently healthy.

On January 17th I started tracking my calories using loseit.com [my good friend showed my MFP later, and I promptly switched!!] After the first month of tracking my caloric intake, I decided to add light exercise - like walking or occasional swimming. In March, I bumped my workouts up and have not stopped since. I exercise in some form EVERY DAY - walking, swimming, zumba, running [I'm on week 6 of C25K], and workout DVDs.

In the last 3 1/2 months I have changed my life around completely - no fast food, quit smoking, eating healthier...My blog has more details: http://anora13.blogspot.com/

* I have lost 20 pounds!
* I have lost 20 inches!!

I decided it's time to celebrate my current success, so here are some progress pictures for comparison [I did review the instructions on how to post, so I believe it should work correctly...however, I'm not sure of their size, so my apologies if they are giant]

dressbackview.jpg
dressfrontview-1.jpg
dressSideview.jpg

Replies

• healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Well you look fantastic! That is a MAJOR difference! Congrats to you my dear! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Your awesome! I did the same thing only before I got married.....then my dress was too big! I have yet to lose all my baby weight :(
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    What a difference, you look absolutely fantastic :happy:
  • julyssaandco
    julyssaandco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, congrats!
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! You have done an awsome job!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • grapefruitluv
    Options
    A Toast to you! Congratulations! :happy:
  • PoohBear1331
    Options
    What an inspiration! Amazing! Congratulations on the wedding, too!
  • SLwrites
    SLwrites Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, what a change! You are doing GREAT!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    wow that's amazing how much too big your dress is! great job! ;)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal!
  • amo13
    Options
    Thank you SO much everyone :):):)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Holy ****! That is great. In less than 4 months?!
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    It's people like you that make me keep going & give me motivation everyday! Thank-you for posting! You Rock!
  • amo13
    Options
    Holy ****! That is great. In less than 4 months?!

Hahahaha, YES! I was just as shocked! I'm sad to say I got that heavy and unhealthy, but the good news is I've made changes and am headed for a better lifestyle!! :)
  • amo13
    Options
    It's people like you that make me keep going & give me motivation everyday! Thank-you for posting! You Rock!
    What an inspiration! Amazing! Congratulations on the wedding, too!

It's *truly* such an honor to be called an inspiration. THANK YOU!!!!
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    You've made awesome progress! Keep up the wonderful work!
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Wow, good for you! Keep up the great work. It's obvious your hard work is paying off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!