! Exercising Toward Easter ! - weight loss/accountability challenge

Options

Replies

• ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi Kristen and everyone else! I would like to join. I have been looking for something like this. I was just involved in a holiday bootcamp through the biggest loser club online. They had a forum and I was able to find a wonderful group of supportive members. Do you guys usually have 225 members in one group? That seems a lot to manage. I'm sure there is some attrition. How many people do you you usually end up with? Are the groups usually pretty interactive? Thanks! I followed the link I read the please read topic. Thanks again.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    @ashsmile78 - "225 members" - It depends. Sometimes, I've had almost 500 wanting to join and have had to limit it. Other times, it is hard to get 150. I only keep it public for so long so we'll see.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    @kcthatsme: sounds awesome! I am looking forward to this group.
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    bump
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    "That seems a lot to manage" - That's not a problem. :-) Still spots open.
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Time for a new challenge! Please see the first post.
  • luvmybee
    luvmybee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm wondering if this group is the right fit for me. I've lost 65 pounds so far (taking two years) but I've used Weight Watchers to lose most of it, and exercise of course. I track my daughter's eating on my account here (she's on a feeding tube). I have about 9 pounds left to lose. Anyway, would this be an appropriate group for me to join, being that I'm using Weight Watchers as my plan? (I log my foods and exercise in that app :) Thank you!
  • ginaluo
    ginaluo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • kcthatsme
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @luvmybee - Congrats on your weight loss! This will be a great challenge for you. Thanks for joining!
  • KellyDawnRabon
    Options
    I'm in! Joined! (=
  • Kaitlynbergstrom
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Great! More spots available. :)
  • lelaperez317
    Options
    how do you join? i've been away for a couple months but i'm looking to get back to it and i think this would be just the thing!
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just joined.
  • kcthatsme
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    @Kristyai3 - I don't see you, as one of our members. Please try again. :-)
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Please come join us. This can be just what you need to help you with your goals this year!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101088-exercising-toward-easter
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Whooohoooo! Thanks again!!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kristen and I have been the host of 12 long term challenges, here on MFP, and now it's time to get ready for the next one! This challenge is "! Exercising Toward Easter !" and goes for 12 weeks. It is from January 5 to March 30. Our weigh ins will be on Mondays. You can weigh in early (Thursday – Sunday) so our first weigh in starts today!

Please don't let the title stop you from joining. I'm a really informal host. The group will be pretty easy going, with a great mix of people posting and supporting each other, along our weight loss journey. "Exercise" is not mandatory, for our group. We won't have pressure either! If you'd like to join, please go here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101088-exercising-toward-easter

P.S. This challenge will become private, once we reach 225 people. Welcome!
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Want to lose 12, 18, or 24 lbs over the next 12 weeks? Come join us. We'll help you!