My healthy NSV

Options
ItsTerriC
ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
I had a Dr. appointment this morning to follow up on a change in my blood pressure medication. I lost 5 lbs since my visit a month ago, but that isn't the best part. Since I quit smoking and have been working out, my BP is normal. I ran out of my prescription on Sunday because i kept forgetting to schedule this visit. My doctor is so pleased. She wrote a new prescription but told me to just monitor my BP and take it if I need to.

I've been on BP medication for over a year, and haven't had a normal pressure reading in about 5 years. I always avoided being put on medication because I told them I had white-coat syndrome. Since I didn't go in all that often, they believed me. Last year it was so high that they wouldn't buy that line anymore. It feels good to know I am making real changes to my body. I am thrilled that this new lifestyle is benefiting more than just the way I look.

Replies

• PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Congratz! That's awesome! My doc told me that if I continue down the road I'm on (of weight lose) I may be off them by end of summer! That's what I'm shooting for!
    Congratz on the no smoking too! I know that can be just as hard as weight lose.
  • bugabaer
    bugabaer Posts: 15
    Options
    That is really wonderful news. I'm happy for you! Yes, losing weight isn't about being skinny or simply losing it for the fun of it. Our weight really does affect our health in so many ways. So kudos to you for taking control of your BP! I sure hope to post similar success stories in the future, myself.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful....congrats ; )
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That is great news! Congrats!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • rharvey75495
    Options
    I'm so happy for you, Terri! God is at work in you and He will bring His GOOD work to completion. YOU are His GOOD work! Yippy skippy, Terri!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    great news!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thats so great Terri. Keep up the good work and congratulations on not smoking. You are doing brilliant.:drinker:
  • LowCarbAmanda
    LowCarbAmanda Posts: 129
    Options
    That's fantastic! You should be proud!
  • warriorsal
    warriorsal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is awesome news! Congratulations and keep it up!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome news girl!! I can't believe they believed you all those years! Too funny!! See it is more about our health then just looking better! Happy for you!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! Now isn't that better than quitiing here? Hug! Hug! Hug!!!! I had no idea you had quit smoking, too! You are really something! I'm so happy for you! Way to go!! I keekp meaning to go check my BP when I go to the grocery store but I'm usually wearing long sleeves! The weather is turning today, so maybe when I go out to run some errands! I'm walking so much I am going to have to get new shoes more often!! = D
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    I am SO glad to hear that! I think you needed to see that it's about more than the scale and that confirmation that you are doing a great job! I am so glad you got it and even more that you're excited again! Go Terri!!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. The doc was surprised that I lost weight while I quit smoking. Of course I had to tell her about MFP and all the support you all have been. I hope she shares it with anyone else she see's who might need us.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - definitely a great NSV!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!