Vicky Pattison's 7 Day Slim

Options
2»

Replies

• Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only did the first 3 once each just to have a go and burned about 60 calories in one and two and only 30 calories in three! It's such a load of rubbish, I might do the others at some point but to me they are very pointless.

I'm a healthy weight and have good fitness levels so my burn will be less than someone starting out new but still how many calories can you really expect to burn in 10 minutes?!

The front of the DVD says "lose up to 5 pounds in the first 7 days" which will probably happen for most women but we all know that's just glycogen stores and water weight based on the 1250 cals a day diet she recommends not actually fat burn!
  • lyndsays1980
    Options
    Are you not still burning fat for another 48 hours after doing the workouts tho similar to Josie Gibson 30 second slim
  • 1mandyburns
    1mandyburns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thought I would reply again as it has been 4 weeks since I bought the DVD and I just wanted to say GET IT, I have changed not only my behavious but also my attitude using this dvd as the base. I have began to encorporate more exercise into my life, I am enjoying sports I hadn't done for years and I'm losing weight. All thanks to the confident this dvd gave me.

To the negative people; first why are you fitness dvd experts always erm not slim? Secondly, why dampen someones spirits when all they are trying to do is get motivated and if this dvd does it then whats the problem?

I really hope she does another dvd, as I would like a follow for when I get bored of this one, goVicky!!!
  • 1mandyburns
    1mandyburns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dont worry be happy
  • jordanltodd
    Options
    To all the bad reviews from people who haven't even purchased the DVD..please ignore them!!! I purchased this DVD a few weeks ago, within my first week I noticed a difference from only doing 10min workout a day, you have to stick to it however and can't miss a day and she also has a diet plan which you have to stick to, but she gives you such a wide choice and the food you can have isn't even like a diet!! The workouts are hard and you don't get a rest but when you first start they are only 10mins but do have you sweating. I have several celeb DVDs and never stuck to them - this however I am still doing everyday and because you notice a difference within a week it keeps you going and each week gets harder and harder as you move up on the workouts. I would highly recommend this DVD aswell as all the people who have tried it and reviewed it. Defo worth the buy!!
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thought I would reply again as it has been 4 weeks since I bought the DVD and I just wanted to say GET IT, I have changed not only my behavious but also my attitude using this dvd as the base. I have began to encorporate more exercise into my life, I am enjoying sports I hadn't done for years and I'm losing weight. All thanks to the confident this dvd gave me.

To the negative people; first why are you fitness dvd experts always erm not slim? Secondly, why dampen someones spirits when all they are trying to do is get motivated and if this dvd does it then whats the problem?

I really hope she does another dvd, as I would like a follow for when I get bored of this one, goVicky!!!

"To the negative people" what a hypocrite. Your first response has been to insult people on the way they look on this website?! You don't belong on here if you are going to make such low blows to individual bloggers who are on here trying to get healthier. Most people on here start overweight so who are you to say we can't have opinions on the quality of videos just because we are not in perfect shape?
  • Bekkiehughes
    Options
    I did this DVD for 3 weeks by just doing workout 1 for 10 minutes each day for the first week, workout 2 for 10 minutes the second week and workout 3 for 10 minutes each day for the third week. I also had a calorie controlled diet which i ate 1200 calories per day (half of what i used too!) but ate healthy and filling meals with good portions and loads of fruit and veg. I lost 10 lb doing this and a dress size.
    The dvd is meant to ease you in and you can do as much or as little as you want so its perfect to fit round a busy schedule!
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    not tried this dvd might get it have tried davina fit in 15 mins thats good
  • chrissiejw123
    Options
    I am currently starting my fourth week of using 7 day slim, I have been doing at least one 10 minute session a day along with further exercise. I would run between 3 and 6 miles every other day as well as doing the 10 minute sessions and on the other days I would do the first 4 sessions of the dvd, having one rest day of cardio. I also do a lot of toning exercises, I don't follow the diet specifically but I stick to the 1200 calorie intake and monitor my fat and sugar intake on myfitness pal. However.... after 3 weeks of doing all of this I have only lost 5lbs, which I found highly disappointing as a lot of people have said to lose that amount in the first week with just doing ten minutes a day. I'm not sure if I just have a slow metabolism but I don't feel like just doing 10 minutes a day would have any affect on my body whatsoever considering atleast 40 mins a day hasn't don't much difference. If anyone has any ideas to why I am losing weight a lot slower please give me tips.....
  • lisafirebelle
    Options
    I have recently purchased this DVD and as someone who is already quite active I have to say I absolutely love it.
    some days I do 20 mins and some days I do 50 depending on time and energy but my muscles finally feel like they are getting a proper workout.

It may be celebrity endorsed but it's great and no crap chit chat!!

10/10
  • eilz88
    eilz88 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been doing this dvd for a week at level 1 and eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. I lost 7lbs in a week! So would deffo recomend this if you dont have time for exercise. Because it's 10 mins a day I've managed to do it twice some days. I've also made sure I dont eat after 7.30pm.
  • glock65
    glock65 Posts: 2
    Options
    My daughter bought this DVD so I thought I'd give it a go. I did it daily for six weeks, exercise 1 for a week and so on. I then went on to vary my workouts doing 1 and 2 one day, 3 and 4 the next so I didn't get used to the routine. All in all I have now lost 12lb and gone down a dress size. I was struggling to fasten my size 10 jeans, am now in an 8 comfortably. The exercises you do are a full body workout so you are toning your arms, legs and abs all at the same time. For people who just don't have the time to do lengthy exercise this is a brilliant DVD. I have also been trying to eat sensibly but have not stopped the odd treat. Being the wrong side of 40 I was worried I would never be in shape again but I am the smallest and lightest I've ever been and feeling good for it.
  • glock65
    glock65 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this may sound stupid Chrissie but could you be doing too much exercise. Apparently muscle weighs more than fat so perhaps you are building up too much muscle. I used to exercise using cross trainer alternating it with running and never lost as much weight as I did with this DVD.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this lady but I noticed that the DVD is available outside of the U.S. in PAL format. If you are in the U.S. and don't have a DVD or Blu-ray player that is PAL compatible, try Hasfit and Fitness Blender. Both are on YouTube also and have several 10 min, 20 min, 30 min, etc. workouts for free.

Hasfit
    www.hasfit.com
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXIJ2-RSIGn53HA-x9RDevA

Fitness Blender
    www.fitnessblender.com
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiP6wD_tYlYLYh3agzbByWQ
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I agree with HasFit. Coach Kozak is great.

I wish these spammers would stop posting these fake reviews for 7 day nonsense. They show up and make a few posts and disappear.
  • missacdc
    Options
    Basically you do workout 1 for a week then work 2 and so on point until you've completed all of the workouts. I've just started doing workout 1 and it seemed pretty easy so I with be doing it twice and to achieve results like Vicky you have to stick to 1250 cals a day which is what I already do. I normally walk a lot but as it autumn winter it's dark out and I have school. This workout seems pretty good so far, I will post my final result once I've finished it. Hope this helps anyone x???????? I'm also new to the blogging thing (not sure what you call it) and I'm not a scam
  • K8Y88
    K8Y88 Posts: 48
    Options
    Bump. Would love to hear any more feedback about this dvd? :-)