Put on 10lb over the Christmas break...

Options
Just weighed myself and put on 10lb spot on... so annoying! ... Here goes to being ultra strict for coming month just to get it off!

Replies

• lwb258
    lwb258 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, :\
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Same here. Not really annoyed, as I had planned on enjoying myself between Thanksgiving and New Years. And I return to behaving myself next Tuesday when I go back to work.
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I get it. I did the same thing. Not all that impressed with myself. Note it is back to working harder than ever
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The water weight will be off in no time. Chalk it up to normal daily fluctuations, retention from sodium, and (not to be gross, but it's true), the bodily waste that was built up from some holiday splurges.

Unless you ate a calorie surplus of 35,000 over maintenance, it's not 10lbs of fat. If you return to your normal routine, it should dissipate in a week. Give your body some time to flush out the waste, sodium, and other things making you "gain" currently.

My extra 5lbs of water weight gained over the holidays was gone in 2 days.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I must've gained 10 actual pounds in a week. Those sweets are a killer.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    The water weight will be off in no time. Chalk it up to normal daily fluctuations, retention from sodium, and (not to be gross, but it's true), the bodily waste that was built up from some holiday splurges.

Unless you ate a calorie surplus of 35,000 over maintenance, it's not 10lbs of fat. If you return to your normal routine, it should dissipate in a week. Give your body some time to flush out the waste, sodium, and other things making you "gain" currently.

Yup, sitting around more than usual (even though I'm at work its a lot more sedentary than during term time), all that extra meat which takes longer to digest, less water and more - er - other drinks ;) all make things sit around for longer in the system.
    -
    If you're going to get tempted by left over holiday goodies, take them into work to share, or invite some people round to finish them off. Or freeze some - mince pies freeze fine.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

This post, pretty much. My mom has been stressed over holiday gains, too, but she is letting it go now that I explained this to her. The holidays are a time to enjoy yourself. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself well. Now, you can resume your dieting or maintaining plan, and things will go back to what they were. I doubt you gained that much actual weight in such a short time. :smile:

• miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling this way too! I'm glad it wasn't just me. Here's to it coming off again :)