hi i am currently on a quest to loose 80lbs any ideas

Options
Hi im trting loose 80lbs but i seem to be sticking to same weight. I am calorie counting and i do 20mins on an exercise in the morning then go gym weight lifting and then do 30mins on exercise bike at night. But doesnt seem to be working would like to loose about 5lb a week. Any ideas for improvement.
Thanks

Replies

• hp0404
    hp0404 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged.How long have you been doing the routing of exercise you are doing now? I know you wouldn't think it but maybe adding walking in for 20 mins or so on top of what your already doing will help. Im no expert by no means just my own experience :) Hope this helps.
  • tazmania95
    tazmania95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yh will try it and im been doing weight lifting for about 6 months.
  • hp0404
    hp0404 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yours might turn to muscle too just keep in mind. :)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged! Keep going it will happen :) xx
  • jimHofmann
    jimHofmann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Humbly, I would suggest you be brutally honest about your calorie intake. Get a scale and weight out portions when you can. Studies have shown that people overestimate portions and also don't report fully their calories.
  • shawnayoakum
    shawnayoakum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, I was stuck also and started really looking at what I was eating and the amount of exercise. I was really doing ....then I looked at basic math intake(food) and out put(exercise). Then I looked at what I was drinking also.. And then I started reading labels... And realized that even though it says diet or low calorie it doesn't always have a good nutrition to it.. Then I started walking.. And figured out that 4 times around ten block is a mile... So I started there.. Now, 85lbs lighter... I have a different relationship with food.. And exercise takes a 1st place in my life... The relationship I have with food is also different before I ate to fuel the body.. Now I replenish enough that I need.. Not what I want.. I give you big credit on a great start.. It takes time...big effort... And new relationship with food... I exercise for 2 hours a day most days out of the week and I don't have a gym access but at one time I got on the scale and it ended at 315 and it went over that.. Now I'm at 245.. In 18 months and I've swapped muscle for fat.. I threw out the scale once I hit 250 because muscle weighs more... My question are you losing inches?
  • jimHofmann
    jimHofmann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also, I think making a goal is great but five pounds a week is pretty hard. Lower expectations and aim for 1 or 2 pounds a week and resign yourself to this being an extended process. This will make it easier to not be tempted to lie to yourself when cheating on your calorie reporting or portioning.
  • tazmania95
    Options
    Well i exercise for 40mins 5 days a week plus do weight training 5 days a week and a also do long distance walking over fields once a week. I count my calories im taking in about 1200.a day
    And no i dont seem to be loosing inches i weight my self once a week.
  • Beautifullymadetoday
    Options
    1/2 cup oats a piece of fruit, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbs nuts or seeds.for breakfast start out day with a nutritious breakfast. https://www.facebook.com/oatmealchallenge
  • Beautifullymadetoday
    Options
    whoops i meant tablespoon, and maybe add cinammon
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    is that 5lb a week or 0.5lb a week? Did you do any research into weight loss and how it works or have you read the stickies on the forums?

Are you weighing your food? What sort of deficit are you running?
  • tazmania95
    Options
    That lot would last me all day as i dont have much appetite some days and some days i eat all day i have a sachet of porridge for breakfast evey morning
  • jim2550
    Options
    Look up a game called game on. It really teaches you about eating and taking care of yourself. Remember to step back and look at what you are doing. On youtube there is a guy named alexlosangelas he has a few good early workout to look at. Remember that weight training is your best bang for the buck. Always adjust your workout every few weeks. Also remember that as you educate yourself you become more dangerous to yourself. It's like your 401k. If you leave it alone you will do better. Don't make daily changes to large you can convince yourself of anything. I told myself that when I was wanting food at night it was my body its need for protein. Maybe but I would see only a small amount of lose and I was not full of mussel that I would not be okay until morning. I like to watch the body builders, as a guy we might think it's not manly to think of our size or look but those guys are all about the mirror. And not many people would call them a girl.
  • tazmania95
    Options
    Yh i train heavy for 3 weeks and then train light with double reps for a week. And then heavy for 3 weeks and so on.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You cannot be eating only 1200 calories a day without losing weight. Its impossible. How do you know how many calories you are eating?
  • tazmania95
    Options
    Im counting calories i take down the amout of calories i eat per portion per meal.

And i average about 1200 kcals
  • alasha07
    alasha07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    With how much you are working out and counting everything you are eating and drinking you should be losing atleast a little weekly. I would get a measuring tape for sewing and measure your waist, arms, legs, and so on. You maybe changing it to muscle and you can't always tell if you are losing inches just by looking.