Do you have a 'healthy Junk Food' ?

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not great for protein, again, but homemade baba ganoush or guacamole are delicious. Calories will depend on the specifics of how you make them. You can dip veggies in them if you want to save calories.
  • Swamisgirl
    Options
    I eat almost no processed food but stock these go-to "processed" snacks: kale chips (massive nutrition profile including a rare vegetarian source of B12), Chia Pods (coconut milk and chia seeds, great for energy and omega 3's), kombucha (again massive B vitamin profile including B12), fresh, bottled and dried coconut in various forms (energy, lauric acid) and occasionally chocolate mint Pro Bars (not THE healthiest but convenient & lots of protein & satisfies that craving for something "bad"). Once an awhile, a small piece of very dark chocolate.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    Snapea Crisps - I don't know the nutritional info off hand, but they're certainly not healthy. I think they're fried. I can easily eat an entire bag though.

Almond butter + dates - so good...

OMG, I can go through an entire Costco sized bag of those Snapea Crisps. Soooooo good. I love the Wasabi flavor!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dates
    air popped popcorn with dill pickle seasoning
    hummus and chips
    apple cinnamon chips
    chocolate or blueberry banana nice cream
  • shafinareynolds
    shafinareynolds Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Snapea Crisps....YEAAAAA....love em
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Check out Chocolate Covered Katie's site too if your in the mood for a little sweet!

I love to make roasted chickpeas - different flavors (spices)/Kale chips or edamame pods with nutritional yeast and coarse sea salt/Banana ice cream, greek yogurt with a bit of stevia and pure vanilla extract...oh my, I could go on and on...
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    spicy roasted chickpeas
    frozen fruit - grapes, berries, pine, peach, mango
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    healthy snacks- big pretzel rods, popcorn (air popped usually), an apple. (usually I dont snack.)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    Snapea Crisps - I don't know the nutritional info off hand, but they're certainly not healthy. I think they're fried.

They are 5 cal each. And so good! This article makes me sad though. http://healthyeatingrocks.com/2012/08/15/food-labeling-lies/
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fresh, ripe sweet cherries. Once I start I just can't stop...
  • enm2122
    enm2122 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    holly55555 wrote: »
    Popcorn! I love popcorn. 120-180 cals depending on kind for the whole bag.
    I am hooked on SkinnyPop right now! And just discovered they have different varieties. YUM!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate covered hazelnuts (or almonds).
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love those dried seaweed squares. Thankfully, they're low in calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I eat everything, including junk food, but a great go to is hummus and pitas.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i will put hummus on basically anything. also, even the healthiest, whole-grainiest chips and salsa will be entirely gone in an hour...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I love the mandarin oranges/clementines they advertise for the kids: Halos, Cuties, etc. Sweet, seedless, easy to peel, and 35 cal. each.
  • vicpoole188
    Options
    In summer - freeze a small tetra juice or milk and you have a big ice block that takes ages to eat. Most of the time I only get through 1/2 at a sitting.
  • Tracy74444
    Tracy74444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    I had a cookies and cream quest bar earlier today, tastes like it's bad for you. But it's definitely not.

Love quest bars
  • Zwible
    Zwible Posts: 57
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dried mango - high in sugar, but tasty