At Home Exercising

Options
Does anyone know of any at home exercises I can do besides the usual walking outside I work a lot so I hardly have any time to go to a gym . Any feedback is appreciated :)

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a ton of free videos of varying length that can be done at home.

You also might look into bodyweight programs such as the Nerd Fitness beginner bodyweight workout.
  • PerkisPower
    PerkisPower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    P90x is only an hour a day and keeps you on a disciplined routine. I heard Insanity was only circa 30 minutes a day.
  • Nadoriel
    Nadoriel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You've got beautiful badass bodyweight workouts :) fun and simple, specially the get strong one. 20min a day, that's all!
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you can do burpees, push-ups, sit-ups, squats with body weight, lunges, planks, etc.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have several Leslie Sansone walking DVD's so I don't get bored with the same one. I also have a mini trampoline and I keep my hand weights handy for when I watch TV.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I do the exercises from this site: http://www.excelphysicaltherapy.com/news-and-resources/videos/

You can even pick and choose which ones you want depending on which parts of you feel stiff or sore.
  • kittlelitten
    Options
    I'm starting on the fitnessblender ones and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, I've heard they are both pretty good :D
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There are lots of free videos on youtube ... Leslie Sansone, Jillian Michaels, GymRa ... Yoga videos, bodyweight ones ... It really depends on your fitness level and on what you feel like doing
  • kwitherspoon19
    kwitherspoon19 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    I have several Leslie Sansone walking DVD's so I don't get bored with the same one. I also have a mini trampoline and I keep my hand weights handy for when I watch TV.
    would you recommend your trampoline? I have been searching online for weeks and I am looking for a good sturdy one.
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    YouTube has a ton of free programs. Jessica Smith is awesome. And you can subscribe to her website for a free program. Walmart has cheap hand weights too. Sometimes good to bump up her workouts.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i love DDP yoga, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, PiYo, Biggest Loser, T 25.. tons of good dvds.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a lot of good options. I like Tone It Up, Autumn Calabrese, Real Fit TV, Gym Ra, and BodyFit By Amy to name a few.

I also like Beachbody workouts. I love Shaun T, so I've done Insanity, T25, and Insanity Max 30 right now.

I know people like Jillian Michaels a lot. So maybe give her a try.
  • zuly886
    zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Fitnessblender.com has a ton of free videos of varying length that can be done at home.

You also might look into bodyweight programs such as the Nerd Fitness beginner bodyweight workout.

• zuly886
    zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes my fitness blender i lost 40lbs with them in under 1 year i do it 3x-4x a week u can do it 30-60 mins i love them
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    I do the exercises from this site: http://www.excelphysicaltherapy.com/news-and-resources/videos/

You can even pick and choose which ones you want depending on which parts of you feel stiff or sore.
    Thank you for sharing this....some of these I am familiar with but most of them I was not.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    go on YouTube and look up AthLEAN X. He's great
  • hylettu
    hylettu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I classify myself as a sports hater but ballet and dancing as an art have always been my number one favorite hobbies. I dont see it as a super cardio workout although it strengthens core muscles. I do it only 2 times a week so I looked up home exercises from Youtube and there is really an endless amount of them! I searched with the words ballet or balletone exercise and dance exercise etc. And found a ton of really fun 10-30minute exercises for my heartbeat to really race to the roof. I mix and match the exercises every time and Im always looking for new ones to try. I dont have any equipment at home and havent needed one yet. My recommendation is to search for interesting exercises you might like to try from a different field like martial arts/kickboxing/fitness/hiphop/ballet/yoga... There's everything for anyone and doesnt cost a thing! :)
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Crank up your favourite music and dance, dance, dance (currently my favourite cardio :) )
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    TRX
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Athlean X is kicking my butt right now. I have actually worked up from doing only girly knee push-ups to doing real ones (6 in a row!) in 3 weeks.