Help with my Aria scale

Options
I just got my scale. The setup went off without any issue, however, my weight and body fat is all over the place. Does it just need time to adjust to her new home? lol

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Do you have it on a completely flat surface? I run into that issue if its laying between two tiles on my bathroom floor- if that makes sense.
  • kendravm
    kendravm Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's on a flat surface. My weight has gone down while my bf has gone up. ??? Yesterday it said 115.5 lbs and 26.7% body fat. Today it weighed me at 114 lbs and 27% body fat. :neutral_face:
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've ordered one and it's due for delivery today, if I encounter any issues or can help you with yours I'll be sure to let you know. Good luck with it :)
  • psap76
    psap76 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and ended up taking the scale back because I could not get it to work right.
  • kendravm
    Options
    Did you get another one?
  • Azexas
    Options
    your weight can fluctuate day by day depending on different factors. Your hydration can change your body fat percentage, its the way that the aria measures it. I can't find the exact article on how it measures it. Your numbers don't seem that off to me to make me think the scale isn't working.

Directly from the fitbit website
    Your weight and body fat percentage will naturally vary over the course of a day and are dependant on what you eat and drink as well as your level of exercise and perspiration.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hey there guys! I'm a moderator at Fitbit (here are my credentials) and I'd love to further assist you if you have any inquiries. :D

Feel free to post your question here and we'll be able to further assist you :)
  • kendravm
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!! Should I start a new topic on the link you provided?
  • kendravm
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    your weight can fluctuate day by day depending on different factors. Your hydration can change your body fat percentage, its the way that the aria measures it. I can't find the exact article on how it measures it. Your numbers don't seem that off to me to make me think the scale isn't working.

Your weight and body fat percentage will naturally vary over the course of a day and are dependant on what you eat and drink as well as your level of exercise and perspiration.

Does the bf% go up as my hydration goes down?
  • Azexas
    Options
    kendravm wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »

Does the bf% go up as my hydration goes down?

I believe so. I can't remember 100%, I'm sorry. I would ask the woman who said she is a moderator for Fitbit. I just remember it had something to do with hydration. Sorry I couldn't be more help. :)
  • kendravm
    Options
    No worries!!! :) Thank you for responding
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes please @kendravm‌ :D
  • kendravm
    Options
    I just posted a new topic. My username is KendraMN. MN is very cold right now...btw. :'(
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit Aria wifi scale for a year & a half. The body fat measurement is completely useless, but I love never having to log my weight any more.

I sync it with Trendweight.com to see my trend without all the "noise" from water weight. TrendWeight accurately predicted when I would reach my goal weight (unlike MFP's "in five weeks" nonsense), and it's helped me maintain my weight for six months.

Aria + TrendWeight rocks!