Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low Weight but still have belly fat?

I'm a 19 year old male and I'm 6'2" and currently weigh 150 pounds, 40 pounds less than I did in June of this year. Now, I know this is a low number for a person of my stature but I'm getting a little frustrated. I still have some noticeable belly fat when I really, really want the area to be flat and even toned. Additionally, my hips won't get any smaller. I got an ab wheel for Xmas. Will that help? What else can I do? I've attached pictures if you need a visual idea (try not to judge o:) ) thanks, guys.

26myb9aus3vj.jpg

cnnzisynwk08.jpg

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Dude, I don't see any belly fat. The ab wheel will help build muscle, but "spot reducing" isn't a thing. To really reveal the muscle, you need cardio to reduce overall body fat.

It just doesn't seem like you have that much body fat at all. And you're 19--still growing! :smile:
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    this is the site i use to look at how many calories i need for either maintaining, losing or gaining, and it shows per amount each week you prefer to lose.
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
    And then the other part of the site shows ALL of the formulas to show what your weight should be and you can choose out of all of them what you prefer as ideal weight.
    http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Also have you been watching your sodium intake? It could be water weight as well.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    There's no fat there ...stomachs are slightly concave naturally

If you want muscle definition then do a heavy lifting / eat at surplus bulk
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    I agree, I can't see fat there. If you want abs you just need to build them up. As rabbitjb said,

If you want muscle definition then do a heavy lifting / eat at surplus bulk
  • JTennis1995
    JTennis1995 Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks, guys! Perhaps I'm too hard on myself.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    body dysmorphia is more like it. Dude, lift HEAVY weights.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I think the problem you have is low muscle mass rather than excess fat (honestly, can't see any fat).

I'd suggest eating at surplus, hitting the weights hard for a good few months - then, if you feel you need to, cutting back some fat.

As a 19 yr old male, the planets are all aligned in your favour to put on some serious muscle mass - go eat and lift :)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    The "belly fat" you're seeing is actually just a lack of definition. To get that flat, toned, defined look you're after, you will need to build muscle. Doing that will give you the "reshaping" you want as well as build your abs up enough to "pop out."

Find a beginner muscle building program on bodybuilding.com or try Stronglifts 5x5.
  • jo7777777
    jo7777777 Posts: 30 Member
    Strong lifts 5x5