hi im new HELP

Options
Well I'm new. I'm trying to loose weight a LOT i am looking to loose 8stone by the end of 2015 I have all my meal plans and that the work out DVD can Any one help with something that also helps loose weight. Thank you.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's about calories in versus calories out, nothing more. Use a scale for accuracy and log everyday.
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If you have a plan, stick to it. Don't waver. If you're going to have cheat days, plan them ahead of time and recommit after
  • hana338
    Options
    Thanks guys will do. Can't wait to get stuck into it all tomorrow new year new me.
  • roullmann
    roullmann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are right, queenliz99: calories in, calories out. Also, learn to maximize your calories by eating more volume so you feel fuller. I've lost 95 pounds this year and feel so much healthier! Slow and steady is the way to go and never, ever beat yourself up for "slipping" or not being "perfect" every day. Give yourself non-food rewards as you go to stay motivated and MOVE! Do anything physical and break it up into short, 10-minute bouts throughout the day. Here's a good book to check out, too: http://www.amazon.com/Volumetrics-Eating-Plan-Barbara-Rolls-ebook/dp/B000RO9VMC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1420040084&sr=8-3&keywords=volumetrics
    You can do this!!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hi, hana. Agree with posts above, but I would also add that finding a workout you love will make a world of difference. I know it sounds cliché but it worked for me with running and spinning. Try new things, even if it scares you. You may surprise yourself. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi welcome!!! Add me if you like :)
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Lose you are aiming to lose weight so that your clothes are loose.

8st in 52 weeks is probably a bit too ambitious, so I would set yourself some non-weight related goals too, such as dress sizes and exercise goals. Don't be discouraged if your new exercise DVD leads to you holding on to a bit of water weight. With luck that will be hidden with the initial boost of eating less and just emptying your digestive system a bit :)
  • hana338
    hana338 Posts: 10
    Options
    Brilliant advise from all thank you I am taking it all on board. I am happy with DVD work out have used it in past but stopped due to in related injurys. I am not going to be adding to much presure on myself I put 8stone as a higher target but if I don't loose that I'm fine with it I just want to loose weight the healthy way. Again thanks for all the advice I will try and add people now :)
  • hana338
    Options
    logg1e wrote: »
    Lose you are aiming to lose weight so that your clothes are loose.

8st in 52 weeks is probably a bit too ambitious, so I would set yourself some non-weight related goals too, such as dress sizes and exercise goals. Don't be discouraged if your new exercise DVD leads to you holding on to a bit of water weight. With luck that will be hidden with the initial boost of eating less and just emptying your digestive system a bit :)

Unsure about this post don't need people correcting me. Other people got what I ment so.....
  • hana338
    Options
    Still working this out so add me please people haha unsure of how to thank you :)