Used to be thin with high metab...what happened?

Ok, let's face it. I got LAZY. So I've decided to take charge and begin what will be a long road ahead. I want to lose 50 pounds and I don't care how long it will take. I have decided not to get frustrated and give up..like I have so many times. What an eye opener it was today how many calories I eat each day and I didn't even realize it! I don't even eat a lot, but my breakfasts and dinners definitely need to get healthier and I definitely need to add more water to my diet. My goal is 30 min. a day on my elliptical. Oh yes, bought that baby a couple years ago and let's just say, it's been a nice contraption to hang things on. ;)

Good luck to everyone on here! Here's to being healthy!

-C

Replies

• chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Ok, let's face it. I got LAZY. So I've decided to take charge and begin what will be a long road ahead. I want to lose 50 pounds and I don't care how long it will take. I have decided not to get frustrated and give up..like I have so many times. What an eye opener it was today how many calories I eat each day and I didn't even realize it! I don't even eat a lot, but my breakfasts and dinners definitely need to get healthier and I definitely need to add more water to my diet. My goal is 30 min. a day on my elliptical. Oh yes, bought that baby a couple years ago and let's just say, it's been a nice contraption to hang things on. ;)

Good luck to everyone on here! Here's to being healthy!

-C
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Hi Chrissy, Welcome! Just remember that slow and steady wins the race: you didn't put an extra 50 pounds on overnight, so it won't come off overnight. Once I finally got that, my patience got stronger and before I knew it, I was 29 pounds lighter.

Make sure to read the link below for some helpful hints:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Wishing you great success on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • I am relatively new myself and I, too, was shocked to find out just how much I was consuming! I had quite a few replies to my introductory post; people on this site are some of the nicest! Good luck to you!!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Hi to you all.

I don't think many people realize just how many calories they consume :explode: in a day until they start listing them, I certainly did not.
    I have been very ill for the last week :grumble: :sad: and am finding it difficult to use up all my calories but still find that I have not lost any weight (water retention???) even after having a high tempreature and night sweats?
    Does anyone have any suggestions??