Replies

• prairiedawg2015
    prairiedawg2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I drink mint green tea....I find it soothing and relaxing
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I typically make a cup of hot tea in the evening. I've been drinking this for now and it's pretty okay (mostly bought it because it was on clearance). Rooibos tea flavors have been my favorite so far.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for tea for the longest time until I stopped drinking grocery store bought bagged tea and started buying loose leaf tea in bulk and making my own blends and put them in tea bags.

I mainly drink water, but I also have between 3 - 4 cups of unsweetened tea daily. I keep 2 pitchers of tea in my fridge (usually lasts about 2 - 3 days) and when I want it warm I use a mug warmer.

Sometimes I will add in a dash of cinnamon, a piece of fresh ginger root or a squeeze of fresh lemon in a cool or room temp mug of tea. I mainly drink a mixture of green, oolong, white, dandelion and hibiscus.
  • Ro5238
    Ro5238 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Plain water is boring to me, so drinking tea helps me get my water in. I like the gentle flavor of white tea, which I am drinking as I type this. I drink green as well, and love black tea blends - usually flavored with things like orange peel, spices, lavender flowers, cacao, anise, vanilla, dried fruits, etc. - natural flavorings in various combinations. I don't love Rooibos, (it's like tree bark to me,) but some people do, so try it if you're looking for something different. I haven't tried Mate (yerba mate) tea yet, but it's supposed to be a stimulant like caffeine, but without the side effects. I sometimes do herbal - peppermint and ginger - if my stomach needs soothing, but not that often. I don't like to add sweetener to my teas, usually.

Ever since my husband introduced me to loose leaf teas a few months ago, I CANNOT stand cheap quality ground tea in tea bags - the kind you buy in the grocery store. The difference is amazing. I'm such a tea snob now. High quality teas have ruined me. I order online and there are literally thousands of varieties and flavors. Tea is never boring now. I probably have 1-4 cups a day. <3

I love Kawaiti Herbals- if that's how it's spelled my bottles are in the kitchen. I love it. Also black Pu-Erh tea is really yummy. My aunt drinks it so I get it from her. I am drinking this See Less O Me tea. It has SO MANY good things in it. I have to add lemon cause it's a tiny bit bitter.
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This thread reminds me of my Grandma, who used to drink alfalfa green tea…gaaaack! It looked horrible and it smelled worse…lol… (loved my Grandma tho’) As a result I’ve always shied away from green teas; although there are some recommendations here I may have to try! My current “go to” tea (after my coffee) is Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger. I love it. It’s decaffeinated, with only a very slight sweetness so I don’t need to add any sugar/honey. Plus, because it has hibiscus it is supposed to be good for blood pressure. (?) It’s soothing and it’s good hot or cold. Love it! Good luck on your search!
  • Nicegurl51
    Options
    I love green tea, Oolong tea, Pu Urh tea, and lots of other teas. Yeas I have a whole pantry with various teas. I buy tea wear ever I travel on vacation. I have read that it contains lots of antioxident good stuff. I do use Truvia or stevia only.
  • MajorMusic13
    MajorMusic13 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am completely caffine free after having been a once a weekday coffee drinker and weekend latte drinker. I now have decaf green tea, herbal teas and a new french vanilla decaf black tea that I drink to help me get in my water each day without feeling like im drowning in borning tasteless water. I probably have 4-6 cups of decaf tea a day, mostly green and herbal teas because I dont need to sweeten them to enjoy. The french vanilla black tea is a little treat when I have extra calories left because I like it with a touch of honey and milk.
  • christinet2013
    christinet2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea and drink it in just about any form it comes in. By far my favorite is plain green tea with lemon and a bit of honey.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Costco has awesome Macha green tea, excellent value, and highly recommended by many Japanese tea drinkers. I drink four or five cups a day.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I drink one to two cups of matcha tea a day.....as has been said its super healthy because you use the whole tea leaf.....I don't use any special tools or techniques like most do with matcha tea.....just spoon it into a cup of hot water, stir it up and enjoy....I often add turmeric...black pepper...cinnamon and nutmeg.....sounds weird but we like it!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I like chamomile, peppermint, lemon ginger, vanilla honey, Bigelow sweet dreams, and Yogi Tea.
  • szhao13
    szhao13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5-6 cups a day. My family is Chinese so we get the good loose leaf stuff :)
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Are any of you guys on Steepster?
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    About 3 days a week from Starbucks! Unsweetened and I love it!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have a cup of green tea, or earl grey with breakfast. After that it's all non-caffeinated teas (tisane, I guess is more accurate). Sometimes hot, sometimes chilled.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I drink one to two cups of matcha tea a day.....as has been said its super healthy because you use the whole tea leaf.....I don't use any special tools or techniques like most do with matcha tea.....just spoon it into a cup of hot water, stir it up and enjoy....I often add turmeric...black pepper...cinnamon and nutmeg.....sounds weird but we like it!
    turmeric and other spices sounds nice. Kinda...chai like.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I drink it as much as I want, but I also drink lots of peppermint and chamomile.
  • motherwesser
    motherwesser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a green tea around mid afternoon and another in the evening.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Unsweetened Iced Green Tea almost every day. Curbs all appetite cravings for me.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Republic of Tea has so many good flavors of green tea! I am a huge fan of their kiwi pear, goji raspberry, black raspberry, and wild berry plum. They also sell some very tasty chocolate teas! Link for those interested: http://www.republicoftea.com/

Thank you Spencerport! I need to check this out....