To new beginnings

Options
Okay, I have finally given into counting calories...

Several years ago, you would have caught me training hard in the gym to become a fitness model. A few years later, working on two PhDs...eh hemmm...' my schedule and body has changed. Nonetheless, I am currently saying "Screw this, work is NOT everything! I am going to be my best me all around!"

So here's to y'all who are dedicating for the long haul towards becoming a better you as well!

Xo's,
M.

Replies

• 9mike
    9mike Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • vreddi
    vreddi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey thats great to hear!!!

• murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks vreddi! Good luck to you.
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I am very glad to hear that you are dedicated to being a better you and just in time for the new year. It's like having a fresh new start to positive changes. I would like to say that I agree with you that work isn't everything and although it is important, there is a time and place for everything in life and nutrition aswell as exercise is very important. I will send you a friend request, let's keep each other motivated and supported towards this journey to better health!
  • murphyocean
    Options
    Sounds good Harry. Thanks for the kind support.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Right back at ya! :D I'm hoping 2015 will prove to be the year I reach my full potential - in all ways possible.
  • Diva_145
    Options
    You can add me! 2015 is the year!
  • kgangl1028
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you....Please add me!! ;)
  • murphyocean
    Options
    Hey Kgang...I just added you. I'm actually in Bloomington, IN doing my PhDs...who woulda' known. :) Good luck with your journey, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions and/or need support.

Diva: thanks for the add and the continued support! I look forward to seeing what we will end up changing in the new year! I think it will be a good one. :)
  • Flower3785
    Options
    How do I add you. I'm in the same situation work, kids and everything else has really slowed down my healthy habits and I'm at heaviest. I'm going on vacation In March and need to loose 20lbs is that possible? Has anyone here done that?
  • Jrdswife904
    Jrdswife904 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I am also excited to be starting off the year getting myself back on track and healthier. Feel free to add me if your looking for more support along your journey.
  • murphyocean
    Options
    Hey Flower and Jrdswife, I just added you guys. I look forward to our progresses in the new year!

Flower: It's healthy to lose at most 2 lbs a week. I was able to pull that off when I was super diligent about working out and my nutrition. However, when I pulled that off, I was already training for a while...so my body was more adept to training hard. I do know that if a person is heavier, it is easier for them to lose weight more rapidly...in general. I am not sure where you are at with your program, so what I just noted might vary for your needs. Nonetheless, if you were to even...let's say lose five pounds...before your vacation...I still think that is great! It's better than 0, or gaining weight--right?! :)

Good luck to you.

B,
    Michelle