"There's nothing in my house to eat!" - Accidental bare-cupb

Options
tacey21
tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
So my fella has jumped on the calorie-counting bandwagon with me and was enjoying a lovely tuna melt sandwich as a SNACK [insert women diet frustration here]... I had to come up with something for dinner.

Fridge had cheese and ham and salami and cheeeese -- I quickly shut the door only to look up and see bread, delicious delicious bread! I dont eat very much bread because I dont find it very satisfying for the calorie count. Rapidly dismissing the idea I went to my cupboards-- soup, tuna, noodles.

Tuna - The Diet Safety Staple. And it would satisfy my jealousy from the tuna melt. But I didnt want tuna salad. I didnt want a tuna sandwich. Tuna casserole? No... I feel the same way about noodles as I do about bread...

I grabbed the first three things that came to mind.
Tuna
Celery
98% fat free cream of mushroom soup.

Celery (3 stalks) went into the cuisinart, and then into the bowl with the can of tuna. Bland.
2 Shallots went into the cuisinart and then into the bowl with the tuna and celery.
Mixed with half a can of cream of mushroom soup. Dusted with parm cheese.
Microwaved for one minute....

Faux tuna casserole -- beefed out with a lot of veg. :)
The quick cooking time heated it up but let the veggies remain mostly crunchy for texture.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5....
But in an emergency, it'll do :)

Replies

• shulce
    shulce Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome impromptu meal! Sounds yummy...how many calories did it end up being?
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I feel your woman diet frustration! Kills me every time he can snarf down something full of carbs and calories-- claiming that he needs the sugar to think hard. Whatever Mr Bean Pole. I'm still 15 lbs lighter than you, and I have a delicious bowl of strawberries, ha!

p.s. Fantastic job on resisting the temptations!!
  • tacey21
    tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @ saspiazu -260 cals minus veg. I did add a little much parm. Thought the label said a serving was 1tbsp instead of 1 tsp... :flowerforyou:

But next time in my hunger craze, I will be able to make better choices because I have a backup.

@menchi - I know. Guys lose so much easier than girls... frustrating! My guy is feeling a little chubby, and has been trying to eat healthier. When I asked him if he wanted to actually start counting with me he was so on board! When I woke up the next morning he had packed me breakfast to eat on the train and shoved an old chipotle receipt in my face on which he had scribbled all the nutritional information for my breakfast. <3 It makes it hard to be mad at him for losing his weight quicker.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Aww Tacey21 that's awesome, he sounds like a keeper! Good luck on your journey in health and in love! =)