Sauna Suit during exercise

Hi
Anybody heard of or used a Sauna Suit during exercise?
Please advise,
Thanks
Martin

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    If your goal is to lose short term water weight for some kind of competition that you must weigh in for, then this will work. If your goal is to lose fat and keep it off in the long term, this will not help much if at all.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Ineffective in regards to fat loss. If you are looking to dehydrate the crap out of yourself and lose water weight that will come right back on in a few days, then maybe it's the answer. Otherwise, a moderate calorie deficit and patience is what you should be going after.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Great for making you hot and dehydrated.

Save your money and skip it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    It's all been said above!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Ineffective in regards to fat loss. If you are looking to dehydrate the crap out of yourself and lose water weight that will come right back on in a few days, then maybe it's the answer. Otherwise, a moderate calorie deficit and patience is what you should be going after.

Quoted for Truth

Additionally, use of these suits can result in overheating and will make it much harder for you to push yourself as hard as you'd like during a workout. Sweating and the evaporation of your sweat are essential to cool your body so you can keep up your workout. Take care of yourself - if something will make you miserable, it's going to make your weight loss very hard to accomplish.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I always think it sounds so dangerous, especially where I live. I hear about people wearing them in the summer, when it can be 100F out. All you lose is water. Drink a glass after you workout, you just put it back in again. Boggles my mind...;)
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    they are of no benefit for fat loss, wearing one may make you sweat more, and you may therefore loose some water weight but this is temporary. the only time I could see them being useful is if you are having to make weight for an athletic completion, other then that they are a complete waist of time and money
  • wtstephens
    wtstephens Posts: 11 Member
    No, but I did wear a Santa suit during Zumba. Santa is only a couple letters different than Sauna.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    If you are not already using one, you would be far better off investing in a food scale.
  • martingutzmer
    martingutzmer Posts: 4 Member
    WOW Thanks
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Lol my ex used to make me wrap his belly and legs in glad wrap before he exercised!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Lol my ex used to make me wrap his belly and legs in glad wrap before he exercised!

Good thing you got rid of him.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    I'm a Yankee living in Alabama. I sweat like I'm wearing a sauna suit 9 months of the year. It has had no effect on my weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Good thing you got rid of him.

haha yes indeedy :p

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    OMG. I totally read the title "Santa Suit During Exercise." I was thinking, "Well, that sounds like it could be fun."
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Like others have said water weight is all you loose plus you are throwing your electrolytes off. It can actually effect you beyond temporary with too much sodium lost you can then have heart issues. Just DON'T