I want this so bad

Options
Hi My name is Kathy and I am 40 years old and weigh 261. I was going to begin my weight loss on New Years but yesterday I asked myself why wait so I began yesterday. I am scared of failure so bad. 4 years ago I weighed about 160 and looked n felt great but have gained so much. I actually did lose from 307 down to 261 since November of 2013. I was in an unhappy marriage where my husband ignored me and never had time for me unless he needed something and it caused me to go into depression bad. I left that though in July and I want me back. I do not want to be this fat woman who doesn't do nothing because of my weight. I want to enjoy life again and take back control. Please add me as a friend and help me stay motivated. I want this so bad.

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    you know i don't usually comment much in the getting start/introduce yourself category but let me just say that your post is awesome really, between the title and your entire post makes me believe you that you really want/gonna to do it, because in my experience sometimes even when we know in our head that we want to lose weight, sometimes we're not ready to do it. my very first advice to you is please don't rely 100% on whether you feel motivated or not, because people like us who has a lot of weight to lose, it's a really long journey and motivation goes away really easy sometimes.

so talk to yourself from now that you know what , i don't care if i feel motivated enough im going to do my best every day, im gonna be as discipline as i can, im gonna make self aware that this is not a perfect road, that they are going to be bad days, good days and so so days.

you are here and that's already a win for you :# , i bet you will learn tons with many many people experience who has already succeed , and wait did i just read that you've start before new years eve, ok know i confirm that you got some awesomeness inside you

Good luck!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Do you want this bad enough to give mutual support to those friend you, if so you can add me but please do not add unless you are giving support back. I always support my mfp friends 100% , i am on here everyday and i never ignore post. i do deleted those that do not keep their end of the bargain.

you sound really determined you can do this you have done it before you can do it again and keep it off. good luck and it was good to start now and not wait even for a day
  • kathyhawks40
    Options
    Yes I want to also support my fellow friends and be here for each other.
    I am determined and excited.
    Karyabc, thank you for your words of support and cadownham thank you also.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm not a regular poster but just wanted to say welcome, and congratulations on making that decision yesterday. So often we say "I'll start tomorrow" or "on Monday" so well done for just doing it! 2015 will be your year - seize it!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you want it so bad, then please spend time thinkinging about what it involves as well as planning and researching what you need to do> Have realistic expectations, dont make excuses and be prepared to commit so you can do what it takes to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Do not demonise food, stay above 1200 calories and be kind to yourself. Get some kitchen scales to weigh all your food, log it amd keep returning a consisten deficit. Dont underestimate your ability to move more if you wnat to get fit and healthy, walking is a good enough start. Good luck.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I am very serious about this- my goal is to lose 100 lbs and I have lost 40 of that at this point, 100+ days in. I log in every single day, several times a day and log every single morsel of food I eat.

I am a pescatarian, I have weekly cheat meals, and I work out very little due to time restrictions. If I sound like somebody who you feel you could show mutual support to, feel free to add me.
  • coyotegrowl
    coyotegrowl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    add me if you like...
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What a great way to start. Don't forget what you just told yourself!
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I've got to say, your story reminds me a lot of my mom. She's 42, and much in the same boat as you. She battles with depression because of a neglecting relationship and excess weight, too. This is why your story and the beginning of your journey inspires me. I would love to follow you on your path as I walk my own to get healthier! Please add me as a friend.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Instead of waiting for 2015 you just jumped right in and got started! (*) Welcome to MFP where there's always someone around that understands and has been where you are! :)