Back after 18 months

Options
As General McArthur said, "I have returned!" I dropped off the face of the earth (or at least off MFP) about 18 months ago. I've learned that I do not lose weight / inches if I'm not logging at least every other day. So I'm crawling back in here after a few "Aha!" moments.

Last weekend, went to the movies and was huffing like a steam engine from walking up the stairs to our seats. Then Monday night, my daughter called and said to me, "Dad, I want you to be around when <boyfriend> and I get married". And finally yesterday morning when I found out I couldn't get into the pants I was able to wear last summer.

Last night weigh-in was 196, so I'm not all the way back where I started at (220), but I'm up 12 lbs since September. Gotta put the brakes on NOW and reverse this trend.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Hey that is 24 pounds that you will not regain by reversing now. :)
  • coyotegrowl
    coyotegrowl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    me too... add me if you like
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Nice U-turn! Feel free to add me.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back :)
  • SuperRadMarcia
    SuperRadMarcia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I stopped trying in March, and I've been back and forth on MFP since. I managed to get all the way back to my start weight in the last 10 months after losing 60 pounds.

There's no time like the present to turn things around and get back on track, though, so I'm hoping that I have the will power and motivation to stay back in the game this time, and hopefully get all the way to my goal weight.

Good luck to you, sir!
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get a handle on this myself.