132 pounds lost with pics started 2 years ago just after New Years

Options

Funny, but every insecurity I have had about myself, whether it be looks, weight or what ever, I have heard people on here saying the same thing about themselves. And the funny thing is, I look at those people and think, what are they talking about? they look fine to me.
I guess we see ourselves differently than others do. I put up a post yesterday asking for everyone’s opinion if they thought I looked ok at the weight I am at now, as I have reached my goal. You do not realize, that reading almost every response being positive means so much to me. I have gone thru the days of not wanting to be in pictures because of hating what i saw, seeing people laughing as I walked by, hating to go out to eat figuring people thinking, look at that fat guy, he should not be eating that. walking in and praying i would be able to fit in that booth, avoiding traveling because afraid i would not be able to fit in the planes seat. not wanting to go see shows or sporting events for fear i wouldn’t fit in the seats or bother the person next to me with taking up to much space. walking into a store in the mall, and having nothing in your size to buy. It is all so degrading.
People on here ask how I have stayed so strong for these 2 years that I have been on My Fitness Pal and its because of the reasons above. I am mad at myself for putting myself in that position. My stroke that I had was mostly caused by my weight.That is something I will live with the rest of my life with the damage it has done. It has taken me now 2 years, to feel normal for the first time in many years. Just so much wasted time where I could have been enjoying myself, instead of being miserable. So why have I been so good? Because I know those feelings and vow to never live like that again.
And most of my success is because of you. All the likes and comments, really do mean something. Especially when you have gone thru years of not hearing positive things.
So next time you think are alone in this, you are not! We have all gone thru the same insecurities and emotions that you have and having friends on here helps so much.
The one good thing about feeling hurt and embarrassed, is that is what is what makes me stronger now.
I will be staying on mfp when I reach my goal because I know I need this and have read to many stories of people that reach their goal, leave, and are back a year later, regaining everything they lost, plus some. So thank you to everyone whether we have been friends for 2 years or one day. I want to be here and celebrate when each of you reach your goals.
I know this is the time of the year that alot of people begin their diets, as I did 2 years ago and not knowing if i would last a week, but for what ever reason, this inspired me and I have been very strong even till this day. So those just starting, i am proof this will work. i just stayed within my calories and did alot of walking. After 2 previous strokes, if i didnt do it, i may not have been here at this point. I went from a 48 waist to a 31 and from a xxl shirt to a small. Here is a before and after picture.q59lllm6o9nn.jpeg
wyvu4eyhtj5a.jpg

Hope you all have a great New Years and feel free to add me as a friend if you wish!!!

Replies

• pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • cathydawson61
    cathydawson61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you look great congratulations on you success. I have lost 95 in 2 years and will loose 50 more by 2016. Happy new year
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3 thank you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You did awesome!!! WTG!
  • farniente8
    farniente8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing.
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Your photos remind me that I don't have to be in my 20s or 30s to exercise, change my diet and successfully take off my unhealthy weight. You look great - thanks!
  • calisandy
    calisandy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can be very proud of yourself. What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    thats awesome ^5
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    Well done, goes to show what can be achieved with dedication and consistency. Congratulations Mart!!
  • 1shirley
    1shirley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and you are an inspiration. You definitely look like you've reached your goal and don't need to lose any more weight. Be well in the new year.
  • anuraina1980
    Options
    OMG you look gr8 and cute
  • SPT5687
    SPT5687 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I read your post and just wanted to say great job. I too know what it's like to hear nothing but negative comments from people about the way that you look and it is devastating for confidence. I still find it almost impossible to actually food good, or believe someone, when the give me a compliment about the way that I look. Don't doubt yourself when others give you a compliment, believe them and be proud. You truly are an inspiration. Congratulations and happy new year.
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic! Well done :)
  • wolfruhn
    wolfruhn Posts: 3,025 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great story! Congrats and HNY :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness! What an inspiration you are! Happy new year, and congratulations! :smile:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good Lord! That's incredible, well done and all the best for the New Year!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I always love your posts! Congratulations on reaching goal.

55835802.png
  • natyas
    natyas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I too decided to take control of my weight and exercise and feel 30 years younger. Age is a state of mind. Never too old to begin living. Enjoy!!!!!
  • agaraffa
    agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow!... you look like a different person. Great job! I started in May 2014, and am down 78 lbs so far... I hope to be able to post similar pictures next year... you're an inspiration. Based on the t-shirt in your before pic, we're neighbors.
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow! I think you look fabulous! Congratulations and I wish you nothing but health and happiness for the New Year :D