Fat and 40.

Options
I turn 40 and graduate from university in October and I really want to lose some weight by then. I don't want to be fat and 40 and I want to look better Ina graduation gown. Unfortunately my husband is a diet saboteur and as soon as he knows I am on a diet, he unintentionally makes it hard. I need lots of support so I will be turning to the forums to get it. My name is Abby and I am in need of help.:)

Replies

• simone7189
    simone7189 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Abby! I am 43 and an also so tired of being over weight!! I have got to get healthy and I totally understand about diets being sabatoged. Between kids and spouses it's so hard at times. I would love to lend support and be supported. We can do this!
  • abbymercer1
    abbymercer1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I could use all the help I can get. I was going to wait until all the Christmas choccies were gone but that could take a while, so decided to start now and not deprive myself but to have things in moderation.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. Just eat less and make the best choices possible. Your husband will notice and be a bit confused but don't let him derail your plans! Good luck!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Abby, so glad you've decided to join us here on MFP :)

Here's a thought and you may have already tried this but it's worth a shot for sure.

Have you sat down with you Husband and told him how important this is to you, to be healthier and perhaps share with him how much his help would mean to you?

In the meantime you'll definitely find lots of support here on the forums, small groups and in the friends you meet on MFP.