controlling one's muchies

Options
I enjoy vaping some weed here and there but sometimes the munchies hit me and i end up either raiding my food stocks or wondering to the down town store for some treats.

anyone have any ideas on how to avoid ruining one's cut due to munchies besides the obvous "dont use weed" im hoping it wont have to come to that.

Replies

• kimault1984
    kimault1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try to have some healthy stuff on hand that isn't too high in calories. It's too tempting if you have junk in the house- hard enough to resist sober let alone after a few puffs... Try to eat something with protein otherwise you will just keep snacking. I like light greek yogurt as a late night snack if I'm craving something sweet. Popcorn isn't terribly bad either if you're craving something salty. Alternatively you could always just smoke more until you pass out.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I would personally equate the munchies more with boredom eating than with true hunger (though obviously everyone has a slightly different opinions/experience). Therefore, for me, popcorn would be perfect - if made properly (not TOO many calorie-laden additives), you can sit and munch one piece at a time for quite awhile before you've consumed too many calories. And I've seen people suggest putting together stuff like cut veggies and stuff beforehand so you have it to snack on, but that just wouldn't cut it for me - something like popcorn hits that "junk food" line just close enough, you know?
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Smoke, eat, get fat, pass out. Sounds simple to me. Or just exercise til you drop! :D
  • dfargher
    dfargher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Munchies are part of the fun! I plan for it, make sure most of my snacks are low-cal (spicy pickles, my favorite fruits, popcorn, etc.), and only have a couple higher-cal items in small quantities (like candy from the bulk bins so I can only buy the amount I will eat that night). Also, try items that are "treats" in ways other than calories: for me, that would be expensive cheese and kombucha. I wouldn't splurge for either on a regular basis, so it feels like special-time. Also, plan your high for a night after an extra-hard work-out. (Now that I say all that, it kinda sound like a binge...but I guess it sorta is.)

For me, it would ruin the experience to have to spend the whole high trying to resist all tempting treats.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    laughs
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to deal with the munchies and ruining your 'cut', quit smoking and take up a new hobby. It's simple, really.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It's been years, but man we used to hit the Chinese Buffet. Hard. =)
  • emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons why I quit smoking. My stoneresque food concoctions were too amazing to avoid. Decided to drop the habit completely.
  • MrsThommo
    Options
    I'm in the same boat...its my favourite way to unwind after work, but oh my it's not good for the waistline!... I just make sure I get my workout in first and usually have a smoke after dinner with a hot milo, that often curbs my sweet cravings....the weekends are my downfall though, especially if I'm home for the day...unfortunately willpower is the only thing that will stop the munchie train...sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Limit things you buy. Easier to self control at the store (ALWAYS go when you're not hungry) than at home when it's in the cupboard or the fridge. And stop yourself from going to the store to buy something, but if you do, buy something that will fit in your calories that day, and nothing more.

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I haven't indulged since I was a teenager, but I was an odd case. I never got the munchies.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    try speed