Moms 25-35

JustGiaD
JustGiaD Posts: 21 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
I am a mom to a very busy 11 month old! I have completely fallen off the wagon with weight loss and I am ready to get back on track! I have little motivation and I could really use some friends to help keep me accountable! Also, any advice on preparing meals for the whole family?

Replies

• I feel u girl.. Hang in there... I'm almost in the same situation n I still have about 15 more lbs to lose.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    I have a three year old and still haven't lost the baby weight! But in terms of family meals I find ones with lots of components work well - so say you have sausage and mash, I'll have less mash, more veg than my husband, but son usually has lots of mash and gravy etc. cottage pies are always popular - again, more veg for me.
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Hey there, I'm in a similar position. My son is almost 16 months old and I've lost and regained about 5 pounds a few times since he was born. I need to lose about 100lb though, and with the new year, I'm reasserting myself as an active, vibrant woman, wife and mama. For family meals, I find it really helpful to make a big pot of something and freeze portions. It's great for when you've had a crazy and do not want to cook, or work out calories etc. It's already there, set to go and you don't need to measure anything out! A good one I use is making spaghetti bolognese from scratch with crushed tomatoes and grating a heap of vegetables into it, along with the lean beef. Also, I try to make sure I always have some eggs, and a form of meat in the freezer - makes it easier to get a nutritious meal together when you're busy or the day has gotten away from you.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Freezing things is a great idea! And online shopping saves me from having many an unhealthy thing in the house. Also from dragging a 3 yo round the supermarket, lol!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    mom to 12 year old, 9 year old, 17 month old, 7 month old here. Maintaining for 4+years feel free to add me. We meal plan, well I do! I work, volunteer and am in school also!
  • MichaelaFry29
    MichaelaFry29 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm a mum of three daughter not lost tge baby weight from my second child lol but it's well and. Truely decided it's not baby fat anymore it's stayed to long! Lol

Good luck!
  • JustGiaD
    JustGiaD Posts: 21 Member
    We should connect guys!! There is strength and ACCOUNTABILITY in numbers!