Time for a change! 357 lbs and want some motivational friends!!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Sierra. I'm 25 and weigh 357 lbs. I've decided to make a lifestyle change. I am not new to MFP but this is my 2nd time returning to lose weight. I lost 60lbs about 2 years ago and then go pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I haven't tried to really lose weight since and I have gained more weight on top of pregnancy weight. I could not believe how much weight I gained when I looked at that number on the scale. I want to lose weight mainly because I want to feel better. I can't even do anything without getting out of breath. Today was the first day I have really watched what I ate and worked out...and I feel good! So if anyone would like another friend or someone to motivate you then add me! I plan on logging in daily and making 2015 one of my best years yet!! :smile:

Replies

• 1976mmm
    1976mmm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We can share our journey. Have added u :)
  • LRussellCVT
    Options
    Hey there Sierra, I'm at 325 and looking to lose about 75lb myself. I havn't really stuck to using MFP, but looking to keep active with it. Then also I currently got a FitBit step tracker, so looking forward to using that appropriately.
    I'll add you :)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) 2015! it's time to get serious!
  • hp0404
    hp0404 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • time4achange2015
    Options
    Feel free to ado me as well :)
  • Liz4J
    Liz4J Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Mine is very similar. I'm looking to teach my self how to eat better and be able to keep up with my little one. I added you. :smile: All the best in 2015!
  • timetochangeme23
    Options
    I am currently 324.6 lbs. Yikes, that's scary to admit. I do not like the body I have right now and I owe it to myself to get healthy. I have been watching a few fantastic women in Instagram who used to be in our 300+ pounds shoes but over the last year they lost most of the weight. They did it through eating right and exercise. It was incredibly inspiring and I have decided to finally do it for myself. I have discovered meal prepping. That's where you take a Sunday to portion out and prepare all your food for the week. It cuts down on temptation and over eating. It has really really worked for me and now my diet consists of 80% veggies and plant proteins. We are over fed and under nourished which is a deadly combo. You only get one life and with the years ticking by we deserve some self love!! Set goals and be fierce. It's not you can't eat something... choose not to!
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello Sierra, welcome to MFP! So glad that you have decided to make a positive lifestyle change and although it might not come easy at first, it can be done. There is a lot of great information on here and through motivation and support, I think you should be able to meet your goal. I will send you a friend request on here and we can keep track of each other's progress and offer support and motivation as needed.
  • tima41112
    tima41112 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Sierra! Good luck reaching your goal! I have been there and done that. I know you can do it :]
  • fancycakemaker
    fancycakemaker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello Sierra! Feel free to add me!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 21 and weight somewhere in the 260s-280s, not sure as I weighed myself on different scales and they all give me a different result.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi Sierra, I started at 360. Have lost 111. Feel free to add me!
  • ChaniGetsHealthy
    ChaniGetsHealthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I shall add you :)
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    Options
    good luck. i am trying to lose weight this year as well. i am disgusted with myself and need to start over.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • jakkr04
    jakkr04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new to using this portion of MFP but I am excited to make new friends to help encourage each other to reach our goals. I will try to add you (like I said new to this portion of the site ;-) ) best of luck to you and congratulations on making yourself and your health a priority!
  • SlackerChik
    SlackerChik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

To everyone, please feel free to add me, and I will return the favor. I am in need of friends to come along on this journey. I am 27 yrs old 5'4 and weighing in at 263. To top it off I live in Georgia, where everyone drinks sweet tea and eats everything fried or covered in butter. This year is the year to improve myself and get on track! :D
  • simpleart1977
    simpleart1977 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be added to any of your lists also! I am a 37 year old mom to 2 boys, ages 12 and 6. I am 5'7", and 271 lbs. My goal is to weigh in at 145 by my 40th birthday, with a mini goal of a 50 pound loss this year.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll add you as a friend.

Remember, you CAN do this if you be patient, be consistent, and don't ever give up. I have logged every bite for nearly a year, and my food diary is open for all to see if you would like to have a look. I started off heavier than you and over the course of a year have lost 95 lbs.

The most important thing is to STICK TO YOUR CALORIE GOAL. And do not do anything to lose weight that you are not prepared to do for the rest of your life. You are more powerful than you realize, and you have the power to change your life if you just stick with it.

Good luck!
  • msj378
    msj378 Posts: 17
    Options
    Sierra, as you can see, you can do it! Congrats on the 60lb loss a couple years ago. That right there is proof that you have what it takes! You've taken a positive step, hang in there, it will come.
    Good luck on your journey, you can do it.