It's 2015 and losing weight is not on my New Year's Resolutions list!

Options
But maintaining my weight loss and building more definition is!

I am so happy not to have to focus on losing pounds and can't wait to see what this year brings.

After tonight I am cutting alcohol out of my diet and focusing on building the strong physique I have always wanted but never figured I could achieve.

What is your maintenance resolution?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Me neither :)

I have no resolutions.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Mine are all fitness based goals for 2015:

3 million steps
    3x week strength train
    Drop 3 points on my body fat

Three will be my lucky number this year, lol!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OP, congrats! Must be a great feeling. Maintenance terrifies me; I think losing is the easy part for me. I'm not where I want to be yet but I look forward to getting the maintenance thing right.

You look great, btw!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    No resolutions here either but my general fitness goal is to reduce body fat and continue getting stronger. Also continuing to work on learning to cook more.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am not officially in maintenance yet, but close. I feel similarly! I do plan to lose a few lb this year but I can truly say if I hit 2016 at the exact same weight I am right now, I'd be 99% fine with it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Actually losing my last 3 pounds is on my list, lol. I honestly don't have any fitness goal, just improving performance overall I guess (which isn't going to be hard, considering my performance has been horrible the last week for some reason).
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Mine is just to continue @ maintenance. I have kept it up for 13 months now and my long term goal is to be one of the small minority that keeps the weight off for over 5 years. The 20 months losing the weight was easy compared to the 13 months @ maintenance.

Best of luck to all with your resolutions! Happy 2015!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lose the last 13 lbs and maintain weight by april of this year (2015) building a better physique & indurance
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    To find the minimum activity level I need for optimal health (in all areas)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    when I start feeling sorry for myself, say something positive! be grateful
  • DarcyL7
    DarcyL7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maintaining is my goal as well. Eat clean, stay dedicated to healthy lifestyle choices. I am in the push phase of extreme chalean and love it. Happy 2015
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I need to get better at planning meals. Especially during the work week.
  • kgangl1028
    Options
    My goals are to get to 20% body fat and to tone up. I'm working towards getting in the best shape possible by my 50th birthday (in 2016).
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    2014 was my lose weight resolution, I achieve that in May, but sadly it's now 2015, I can't think of a resolution, I mean maintain is good, but how boring, maybe it's time Ill give up on my pepsi's and smokes.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Pull ups

I can do push-ups now ..so my next goal is pull-ups

*ROAR*
  • takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    Options
    I'll be finishing a group class this month and think this is the year to move onto strength training. Read a few convincing books on its effectiveness for seniors.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    1. Not to freak out if I go over my calories a particular day.
    2. Incorporate more exercise into my day (cardio Just Dance or Zumba) & start doing some kind of strength training.
    3. Keep eating a decent amount of protein & fiber.
  • bstetson1
    bstetson1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to do a pull up too! I get up on the bar and try as hard as I can and nothing. Great goal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Doing a pull up is a great goal. I'm still stuck at push ups though (I can do a couple but not much more).

I guess I should really do more strength training, and force myself to really do it every other day but gosh I hate it.