Back at it!

Options
I'm not new here by any means. Actually, I've been using MFP for the last 3 years. But since getting pregnant with my son in May of 2013, I have slipped...a lot! I have gained 35 pounds back and I can tell! I can see it in my face, can feel it in my body, and can tell that slowly my self confidence that I once had is dwindling away! Had I reached my weight loss goal yet...no. But I felt amazing! I could look at myself in the mirror and actually like what I saw! I still had a long way to go but I knew I was getting there! Then I got pregnant and since then, I just can't seem to control my eating! So this is it! I'm done! I NEED to get back to before! I need to feel sexy again! I need gain my self confidence back...and with MFP It WILL happen! But I need more support along the way! So if you would like to help me on my journey, send me a friend request or message me. And in return, I will do the same...be there for you when you need a little push to eat better, a little motivation to exercise for the day, or just be an ear if you need to vent! Hope to hear from some new friends soon! :)

Replies

• luv2bmerry
    luv2bmerry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a previous weight watchers user. New to MFP, but similar to you in wanting to get rid of that extra 30ish lbs. Everyone in my family uses the "it's in our genes" excuse to be over weight and I refuse to swallow it. In June I started regularly exercising and am down 10 lbs from my starting weight. I have been committed to continuing to attend 3+ gym classes a week and a run or two in between. I don't have any kids, but I'd love to add you for support. Cheers to making it to the finish line and feeling good in our own skin again.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hey, look at you, jumping back on the diet bandwagon as a New Years resolution!

Well, me too. Let's prove those long-timers who've been here all along that we're serious about this weight loss stuff.

I've yo-yoed a few times over the years. I unapologetically enjoyed my holidays and gained 7 pounds over my last weigh-in in October, and almost 30 pounds higher than my low point since I've been on MFP. Time to start tracking my eating and exercise again and lose about 30 pounds or so.

Good luck to you; let's do this together.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It's a brand New Year, you go this Hon! :)
  • luvSF
    luvSF Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been fighting the it's in my genes (and jeans) problem my entire life. My Mom used to say, "you were born fat." Despite being a premie weighing in a 4# 4oz I was a "fatty". In my 20's I became aneroxic trying to be the model version of myself. After almost killing myself I decided to give in to the genes...with moderation. With strict monitoring I was able to stay in the pleasing plump category. Now, at age 59, I've climbed to an unhealthy weight. I want to enter my 60's with a healthy weight. It's really hard. My office mate (who is rail thin) is always telling me "you don't eat enough, I eat way more than you". I feel like a gopher on a wheel always running but never getting there.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting back to using the site. I had a lot going on this year with myself and my family with which caused me to fall off the workout wagon. Now I am back. Anyone is welcome to add me.