Diving in to Paleo January 1st!

Options
Hi! I am new to the group and new to Paleo. Really interested in trying it out to lose weight, and for the added benefits of eating clean and feeling better. Just wondering how everyone did when they first started. I am a carb lover in any form of bread, potato, or snack so I know that is going to be my hardest to let go. I've done it in the past but I can't say it was fun! If anyone has any tips or could offer some support and recipes id appreciate it!

Replies

• bsteve76
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of my Paleo/Primal Blueprint "lifestyle change" and so far it's a piece of cake (pun intended). My main source of information and inspiration is Mark's Daily Apple, which is an amazing resource for everything Primal. If you sign up for his newsletter, he will send you a few free ebooks, one of which is a reader-created cookbook. It has a bunch of recipes that look quite tasty. I know it sounds funny, but I already feel better. I don't think it's so much about the better food that I'm eating, but knowing that I'm making a change and bettering myself makes me have a much better attitude... and that's huge. So best of luck to you and remember, Paleo isn't so much about low carb rather it's about removing all of the bad things like processed foods and sugars from your daily intake.
  • COcgrayson
    COcgrayson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am studying Paleo meals, as well. I work so looking for sensible lunch ideas and quick breakfasts for eating at my desk. Ideas are welcome and invited. My body turns carbs into instant fat. I need protein and a minimum of carbs to make this work for losing fat and feeling more energized. I will check out Mark's Daily Apple. :)
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I did Paleo and lost 45 pounds in 2011. It a good plan. Good luck and Happy New Year :D
  • chequita123
    chequita123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been wanting to lose weight for so long. I lose 5 - 10 pounds and then gain them back. Enough is enough. I would love to try Paleo. I have heard and read the success stories but have also heard of people not losing weight on Paleo. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
  • cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 47 lbs so far. I find it pretty easy. There are tons of recipes on line. Feel free to add me if you want an idea of what I eat.
  • SassyWifey
    SassyWifey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Those of you who are doing Paleo, do you keep track of your calories, fat, carbs, etc? It's rather daunting.