Nutribullet

Options
Got a nutribullet for my birthday. I have started using it. Has anyone used it and had anysuccess in weight loss?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I use it daily. And, no. I do not and will not attribute my success to a blender. Staying within my calorie goal is what brings success. I just happen to like smoothies. They aren't magical. Just yummy (to me)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will result in weight loss, no appliance will give you that. If you want to incorporate smoothies into your eating plan, that's great. You'll still need to eat less than you burn.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You will lose with a caloric deficit. Personally, I prefer to eat my calories, but a smoothie now and again is nice.
  • workijng2befit
    Options
    thanks for the imput. I'm going to maybe use it to get the fruit in I'll just mearsure out the fruit before putting it in so I don't go over my calories
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja blender, but it's similar, and I use it for everything, not just smoothies. I make soup in it, homemade hummus, all kinds of stuff. It's one of the best kitchen tools I own.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    it's not a weight loss tool per se, it's how you use it inside your overall diet that makes a difference. very useful for adding greens/veggies when you don't feel like a salad.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I received a Ninja for Christmas. Love it. I have been using smaller less powerful ones for years. Try to incorporate as much vegetables into it as you can whilst staying within your calorie allowance for the day.

One of my favourites in the morning when I am in a hurry is banana, blueberries, 2 eggs, spinach. Mango is amazing in a smoothie.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make them with peeled cucumber, protein powder, and lettuce or kale.
    Hubby likes his with lots of fruit -- but he is at a perfect weight.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Toyed with the idea of buying one but I tend to keep my fruit intake to a minimum and have more greens and veg throughout the day. I can see the appeal for the odd smoothie but wouldn't be relying on it as a meal replacement or anything.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will result in weight loss, no appliance will give you that. If you want to incorporate smoothies into your eating plan, that's great. You'll still need to eat less than you burn.

this. The smoothies are great!!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

+1
  • heftybelson
    Options
    You will loose the weight out of your wallet. Its a blender. There are cheaper and better ones available & all the recepies are on the interweb.... Oh and there is no way I trust the chap on the advert with a badgers backside strapped to his face
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Nutri bullet is apparently 600watts, Magic Bullet is 250watts whilst Ninja is 1000watts. So check the watts on any blender you buy and try to get at least the 1000 watts if you want to crush ice or hard vegetables. Most small appliances will make your soft food smoothie but for really healthy drinks you need to be able to add vegetables.

I have been using a little bullet for years and it hardly ever leaves the dish rack. My family love it. I have a blender which never leaves the cupboard. I also love my Oscar Juicer but find that is a little more time consuming and usually just do it on the weekend. It takes me twenty minutes from getting it out of the cupboard to putting it away. Love the juices from that.