Sausage

Options
kaylemartin
kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
Hi all,

I have 4 plain 'ol regular pork sausages in my freezer. What can I do with them (used to have mashed potatoes and gravy :tongue: ).

Any ideas?

Kayle

Replies

• marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I made spagetti with mine
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion - throw them out. Too much fat and too much sodium.
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have sausage and a fried egg or the morning.. or sausage with scrambled eggs. Also love sausage in spaghetti too.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    If it's breakfast sausage make an omlet and if it's a dinner sausage sautee some onions and bell peppers and eat it like a stir fry with mashed cauliflower and steamed green beans.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options

Throw out perfectly good food? Man America is a strange country.

I would say make omelets or maybe a breakfast burrito? I like what newmammaluv says.
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I personally wouldn't use it, but that's me. I try to avoid very fatty foods. There is a vegetarian replacement that is quite realistic. It's from lightlife. You can find it in your grocer's produce section with the tofu and such. http://www.lightlife.com/product_detail.jsp?p=gimmeleansausage You'd be much better off dumping the fat and calories for a substitution like this one. Since you have it already (and I hate waste), I'd donate it to a local food pantry that has a freezer and does those types of foods as well. :)
  • KittyKaddy
    KittyKaddy Posts: 4
    Options
    Make some Red Beans and a little rice!!! You can boil the sausage first and get a lot of fat out!!! Red Beans are good complex carbs and have protein to boot!!! I saute` onion and add garlic and black pepper. Simmer til tender. I cook the rice separately, too.
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Honestly don't think I can just throw away food like that.
  • BandMom2
    BandMom2 Posts: 64
    Options
    Brown it like hamburger meat and drain it well ( I run hot water over it while in a strainer) then put it up in serving size ziplock bags and freeze for a quick omlet or mix with sauce for spaghetti etc.
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    Brown it like hamburger meat and drain it well ( I run hot water over it while in a strainer) then put it up in serving size ziplock bags and freeze for a quick omlet or mix with sauce for spaghetti etc.

i agree with this idea:)