breakfast ideas

crys48
crys48 Posts: 2 Member
Does anyone have any quick high protein breakfast ideas? This is my hardest meal!

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Eggs. Throw protein powder on your oatmeal. Greek yogurt. Quest bar.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Greek yogurt with granola
    Eggs
    Protein bar
    Smoothie with hemp protein powder
    Protein shake
    Oatmeal with chia or flaxseed
    Sausage with toast
    PB sandwich
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    EGGS!! yum!
  • jessthep1rate
    jessthep1rate Posts: 47 Member
    All of the above... and to combine a couple, try cooking eggwhites into your oatmeal. :)

Also, if you're interested in oatmeal and don't have the time (or cognitive function/coordination!) in the morning to cook it, just search overnight oats or refrigerator oats--something that has totally revolutionized breakfast for me! You can literally make oatmeal that tastes like anything you want, and with greek yogurt it'll be creamy and amazing and you can eat it cold or hot, can make it in advance for a whole workweek, and just, yay! Highly recommended :)
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    I agree with everyone who says eggs :) you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave and pop on some toast ( whatever kind you see fit) and voila! quick, easy and tasty :D or if you have enough calories to spare maybe some peanut butter and banana on toast x
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2015
    I like the refrigerator oatmeal esp in the summer. forgot the website that had the ideas but I use fat free vanilla greek yogurt, old fashioned oats, fat free milk, 1/2 tbsp chia seeds and frozen fruit. think it's 1/4 cup each oats and yogurt and 1/3 cup milk. I use the 1/2 pt canning jars - cute - and add everything but the fruit and shake up then add the fruit. my fave frozen fruits have been mango and the cherry berry blend from walmart (I roughly chop it some more) I think this recipe is on theyummylife.com and seems like she also has a crockpot groatmeal she fixes for the week and 'instant' oatmeal mixes she makes and puts in sandwich baggies. I plan to re-visit the sight for some winter ideas as well as to verify the amounts on the milk/yogurt/oats - I use greek yogurt for more protein and i I weren't so lazy (and hating the taste of plain yogurt) I'd take the plain yogurt and sweeten in myself...

this morning I tried a evol breakfast burrito -the chicken sausage/potato/gouda one from the fit line - I can't say it was the most delicious thing I've ever eaten but it was good and surprised me that I wasn't starving by lunchtime (5 hrs went by and I can't believe I wasn't craving something)
  • crys48
    crys48 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • Calituts
    Calituts Posts: 7 Member
    fresh & easys ready to blend smoothies YUMMMMMM super delicious super healthy suuuper energy!!!! all around SUPER:)
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    I make a batch of these and freeze them for an easy grab and go breakfast. My kids love these, too.

Ingredients:
    3 cups oat pancake mix (I used Quaker brand, but regular mix would still work, not as much protein)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
    4 eggs
    3/4 cup pure maple syrup
    breakfast meat of your choice

Directions:
    1. Mix the first five ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
    2. Line a mini-muffin pan (or regular sized muffin pan, your choice) with liners or spritz with non-stick cooking spray.
    3. Fill the muffins 2/3 of a way full with pancake batter.
    4. Place meat into each muffin tin.
    5. Bake on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until fully done.

Note on the meat: When I used sausage links, I sliced one link into fourths. I placed one piece in each mini-muffin and two pieces in each regular sized muffin. I pressed the links into the batter so the muffin would form around the meat, but you can just place the crumbed meat on top (some might sink into the batter, but some will stay on top).
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    greek yogurt or overnight oatmeal! :-)
    i also tried "baked" (more like microwave) oatmeal in a mug, it tastes good!

Apple Banana “Baked” Oatmeal in a Mug
    1/2 cup quick cooking oats
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1 egg
    1/2 cup milk
    1/3 of a banana, mashed
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 of an apple, chopped
    2 tsp honey

Add oats, flax, egg and milk in a mug. Stir well with a fork. Add banana, cinnamon, apple and honey. Stir again until fully combined. Cook in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
    Stir in a little milk or yogurt or nut-butter if desired.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Crustless quiche is good. Just whisk up a bunch of eggs, then in a food processor shred some carrots and zucchini. I also like to add chopped red pepper and green onion. Mix everything together, pour in a baking dish. Bake until golden brown.

I have also added eggs or protein powder to my oats.

Greek yogurt is a great protein source is you do dairy.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Pedantry warning: "crustless quiche" is basically a frittata and is not a quiche. A quiche by definition is a custard (ie, an emulsion of milk/cream and eggs). With that out of the way, a frittata is an excellent idea. It is meant to be made ahead, is best served at room temperature and is good cold. 6 eggs, lots of veggies,a handful of cheese and 20 minutes on a Sunday will get you 3-4 meals.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Plain old eggs and oats every morning! Mix your oats with some cinnamon, honey and chopped nuts and you're set for the day ahead. Oh and if you're still peckish mix up a protein shake and you're good to go.