7 minute workout apps

Has anyone used any of the 7 minute workout apps? I am just getting back into exercise and my schedule does not allow me to get to the gym on a regular schedule. I have been looking into these apps which can be done daily and for more than 7 minutes if desired. I was just wondering about others experiences with this type of workout.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I've used one. It was fine. The book "Fast Exercise" by Michael Mosley is really good, too, if you want to read up on how much benefit you can get in a short time.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    I love hot5. Lots of fun too !
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    We used a couple of these apps when we were getting into an exercise routine. They were good for building a good habit. But, I didn't notice any change is muscle tone or strength after 8-10 weeks of doing 2-4 reps 5 days a week. We switched to YAYOG (You Are Your Own Gym). I know it's not the most efficient way to work on muscle building, but I definitely have gotten stronger. We've used the book and app for almost 30 weeks.
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    I have downloaded a couple. I think they're great for getting into the habit and you need to change them up to your level. Push ups are easy for me, so I do more. Sit ups are a struggle put it keeps me doing them and I can increase as I build up. But if you're used to doing something more intense then they're probably not helpful.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Nike has an app which is free.. I think it's Nike training camp or something like that.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    New York times has an app. It's on their website
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I am just getting into exercising, so I think this will be a good start. I plan on going to the gym 1-2 days week for a class and walking 3 days a week. Also, I will be doing a 4-5 mile hike every other weekend. I work 4-10 shifts and I work every other weekend, so getting a routine is hard for me. I am looking for a M-F job (8-hr shifts) which will be better for establishing a routine.
  • JamesMauldin
    JamesMauldin Posts: 14 Member
    Anyone have any idea how to calculate calorie burn for the Scientific 7-Minute Workout (the one from the NY Times)?
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    I wasn't adding in the calories
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Checkout Skimble workout trainer app, there are multiple workouts in the 7 min range and under and it's free.
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Also with the Skimble workout trainer app it'll give you a estimate of cals burned and they have a scientific 7 workout in that. The best way to know your cals burned is a polar HRM and you can get them cheap of eBay to start off with.