49 or 53 pounds down!

Options
So the very first time I ever signed up for MFP in early 2013, I had my weight as 200. I didn't use MFP after I signed up for it for some reason. And honestly, I don't remember hitting 200 on the scales. I do, however, remember hitting 196 later that year. And that day was the one where I said "Enough!"

I started my health and fitness quest in earnest in August 2013, and I wanted so much to get to my goal weight of 145 lbs yesterday (12/31), but I'm two pounds away. So why, you ask, am I posting before I hit my final goal weight? Well, because today, I finally had a photo made, and I want to share it. I've always (even as a kid) hated having my picture taken, so I don't have many "befores" and only this one "after" so far.

The "before" was taken that fateful day in August of last year. I only wore baggy clothes to try to hide my weight, but I pulled the shirt tight to show how large I'd gotten.

Today, I ran my first 5K in over 20 years. I started the Couch to 5K in August of this year, and am now training for a half marathon in late January. Today was a 3 mile run in my training program, so I decided it would be a good way to start the year with a race. I was hoping for a 30-minute finish, but I did better than that! 28:54 and won second place in my age division (50-54).

MyFitnessPal has been a huge help to me and proven that (barring any medical conditions), if you stick with a plan of move more and eat less (and better), weight will come off!

Happy New Year and best of luck to all of you!!

jkxvnm6gz21k.jpg
sidwqqe28ejk.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!