What are some healthy and easy lunch ideas

Options
What are your favorites

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I bring left overs from the night before.
  • mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Leftovers or rice and beans with salsa and guacamole. Both can be made and portioned/packaged the night or even days before which is essential for me. I also usually have a vegetable (green beans, cucumber, carrots) and a yogurt to round out the meal.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Is that at home or to eat at work? Soups are good, and leftovers if you have access to microwave. I always keep packet of cous cous in my drawer that you just add water to for emergencies - ie when I have forgotten to bring lunch!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Lunch is often last night's dinner.

Fruit, salads, sandwiches, tuna on a rice cake. :)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like a quick stir-fry. I grill and cube a few lean pork chops or some chicken at the weekend, then all I have to do is sauté some frozen veggies (or fresh if I've time for chopping) with spices, toss the meat in at the last minute (just to warm it up), and serve it all over a bed of shredded cabbage or zucchini. I drizzle a tiny, tiny amount of sesame oil over top as well as a much larger amount of hot sauce. It's aces.

Otherwise I'm a big fan of your basic sandwiches, salads, and soups. I use sandwich thins instead of regular bread and I tend to buy pre-sliced cheese (not Kraft singles though). If I have a sandwich I make sure to have a raw veggie on the side or load it up with spinach and tomatoes; if I have a salad I make sure to add a good lean protein to it; if I have soup I toss some broccoli or spinach into it to bulk it out and add some nutrients. Basically, my lunches are about 50% veg, 35% protein, and 15% whatever else sounds good (fat, carb, hot sauce ocean), in varying combinations.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sometimes leftovers, but lately I have been enjoying a good sandwich with a side of fruit (mandarin oranges right now because of the season).
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Make a fritatta on the weekend. 6 eggs and lots of vegetables is good for 3-4 meals. It's best at room temp, so perfect for work.
  • Kristyann624
    Kristyann624 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Frozen meatballs, California blend veggies all in the microwave with a little butter and then Parmesan cheese.

Frozen chicken flavored rice, additional broccoli, and Tyson precooked chicken.

Frozen brown rice, Tyson precooked chicken, broccoli, matchstick carrots, and soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.

Garden salad, hard boiled egg, mozzarella cheese, and ranch dressing.
  • rollzy059
    rollzy059 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Easiest go to I'm loving right now at work... I bring a pack of tortillas to leave in my locker, and I bring a baggie of pre-cooked chicken breast (I cook a big batch and freeze/seperate it every couple weeks or so), and I bring a head of romaine and some buffalo wild wings spicy garlic or garlic parmesean sauce and make a wrap. Something like 450 calories for the buffalo, and 600 for the parmesean... and I'm good for my night shift.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese & fruit, sandwich or soup
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love soup and salads for lunch! Or leftovers
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    • Leftovers
    • Boars Head turkey breast on a low carb wrap with lettuce, pretzels and carrots on the side
    • Salmon, brown rice, asparagus with EVOO and garlic
    • Chicken, baked potato, green beans with EVOO and garlic
    • Steak, baked potato, side kale salad
    • English muffin pizzas, side caesar salad
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon Greek yogurt mixed with flax and chia seeds everyday for lunch along with some type of fresh fruit. I eat a Quest protein bar around 3 pm everyday as well. This keeps me full till dinner.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I got burned out on sandwiches a while back, so now I do hearty soups, like chili, bean, pea, or a salad. If I'm in a hurry, a protein smoothie, but it doesn't stay with me long.
  • engr57
    engr57 Posts: 61
    Options
    i suggest salad or kababs type food
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    Protein bars
    Yogurt with fruit
    Tuna packets
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has great recipes and are free!!