fruit smoothie and vegetable salad

Options
How do you figure how many calories it is or how to log these two items on your myfitnesspal?
Please help!!

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    For my smoothies, I measure out each individual ingredient and log it in grams. Digital food scale. If it came from a restaurant, maybe they have nutritional info posted.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I log everything that went into it. So then I have a list of ingredients such as half a cup of milk, a banana, and a cup of strawberries, rather than trying to list the whole mixture as "strawberry banana smoothie" because that doesn't show you what went into it and therefore might not be right.
  • sbates0625
    Options
    What i did was baught a bundle of bannanas, bag of oranges, bag of apples, 1 - 16 oz frozen whole strawberries, 1- 16 oz frozen blueberries, 1-16oz frozen medley with rasberries, black berries, blue berries and strawberries and 1-16oz bag of frozen tropical fruit mangos, pineapple and strawberries. I took 1oz's of each of the frozen fruits and 4 oz's of the fresh fruit and bagged them individually in which i ended up with 10 oz's of fruit in each bag. When i use my nutribullet i put 1 baggie in with 16 oz of cherry drink
    (10 calories) mix it up and drink 6 oz's at a time 3 times a day????? please help
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I hope that isn't a meal replacement.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I hope that isn't a meal replacement.

I have a bad feeling about that...

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You can log each frozen fruit by 1 0z each and each fresh fruit by 4 oz each. Once you've done it once, as long as all the measurements are the same, you can keep reusing the same recipe item.

And hopefully that is just a side dish or a snack to supplement your meals, because you need to eat a far more balanced diet for healthy weight loss.
  • sbates0625
    Options
    Definitely not a meal replacement I drink this a couple of times a day for snacks. I finally got it figured out. Thanks for the help everyone!!
  • Liz4J
    Liz4J Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also wondered how to log everything that goes into my salads and smoothies. I didn't create it as a meal because I add different things every time. What I did account for was the extra calories I put into them such hemp seeds, tofu mixture, egg...etc. If you don't add every little thing it doesn't add up to enough calories over the day.

Side note: I also need protein help. I'm not a meat eater and I'm having trouble getting protein in!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'd just divide the total per bag. If you got 16oz total and put those 16oz into four bags, I'd label each as 4oz. It might not be precise per day, but over the course of the week, it's still accurate. I do this with bowls.

If you don't just divide the total, you have to break up all that frozen fruit and keep moving the bags around to weigh them all. Plus, you have to jot down all the totals. All the bags get sticky, your hands, the pen, the paper you write on...it's just a major pain in the butt.