Day 30 pictures - TurboFire

Options
This is hard for me to post, but hope it encourages someone out there.

Not much of a success yet, but just wanted to post 30 day pictures from TurboFire. I dont see much of a change though. Makes me want to push harder this next month (I pushed pretty hard this last month though, and am trying to get rid of an annoying shin splint... ugh!). I'm going to concentrate on turning my whole body with the punches and squating lower than before. I AM stronger though - I can do pushups and situps!! Never before have I been able to. I've been skinnier but not fitter. So that is encouraging! My clothes are so very lose too - I put a strapless shirt on a dew days ago and it literally fell right off. Wish my pictures showed that much of a change.

Lost 3 pounds (scale didn't move 3 out of the 4 weeks of TurboFire)

Lost 2.5 inches overall

On to the pictures - day 1 beside day 30

d1-d30front.jpg

d1-d30side.jpg

d1-d30back.jpg

d1-d30sideb.jpg

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I do see a big difference in your tummy. that is great for just one month! hang in there!!! :)
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    You can tell in your tummy. Good work!
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    Thanks, just learned how to fix the pictures. Now I'm self conscious! Anyone have little changes in the beginning but more changes in month 2 -3?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference.
    I dont know if im right, but it looks like you'v lost a 3rd of your body fat.
    You've done a great job, i know how hard it can be to press play on these things each day.
    But i can definately see that your hard work is paying off!
    You look amazing!
    Great job!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Certainly can see a change in the tummy and hips! truly well done, the following month will be awersome, I'm sure. Keep doing your thing, excellent!
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can tell a difference in your tummy and you legs! Keep up the good work!! It helps to see some results after we've worked so hard!: smile:
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    and am trying to get rid of an annoying shin splint... ugh!). I'm going to concentrate on turning my whole body with the punches and squating lower than before.

TF killed my shins too, but I did find that I could get almost the same calorie burn without the jumping around:flowerforyou:
  • brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    On the side views you can really tell a difference! Great job!!!:smile:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just learned how to fix the pictures. Now I'm self conscious! Anyone have little changes in the beginning but more changes in month 2 -3?
    I can definitely see in the tummy. I posted my day 1/week 8 comparison pics the other day. I'll put them in my profile if you want to check them out. I have only lost a couple of lbs but I can see a difference in the pics.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yes! Especially in the 2nd set of before/after pics, I see a big difference! Look how your butt is at almost exactly where the door meets the molding. Then look at the difference in there your stomach is and the front of your thighs on the door itself. Big difference!
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Fire as weel. I'm on month 3. I definitely lost more inches then lbs at first, but now I've dropped from a size 12 to a size 10 (sometimes size 10 is a little too big!) and went from a large shirt to a medium or small. It's exciting! I can definitely see a change in your waist! Keep up the great work.
  • seesaey
    Options
    I can definitely see in the tummy. I posted my day 1/week 8 comparison pics the other day. I'll put them in my profile if you want to check them out. I have only lost a couple of lbs but I can see a difference in the pics.
    Wow, thanks for that inspiration! You look great!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for that inspiration! You look great!
    Thank you! I'm going to do the 20 week program with the advanced discs. Maybe I will look like Chalene when I am done...haha wishful thinking.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference in the tummy!

I also see a difference in your arms they are on the journey to being more toned :D

KEEP IT UP! definitely differences!
  • seesaey
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! It is pumping me up for tonights TurboFire!
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I just finished week 4 (or later today I will) and did the Inferno plan too. I posted pictures to my profile and put them up on my blog (http://simply-sarah.me/2011/05/turbo-fire-week-4/) -- I have a hard time seeing the changes too. I can see your changes though. Definitely your thighs and legs are smoother, and your stomach is smaller. I can even see the cuts on the sides of your stomach starting to form. Hang in there! I'm sure the progress just takes time.
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can definitely see improvements!

I'm in week 7 of TurboFire, sort of. I say "sort of" because like you, I was getting major shin splints and had to make a few changes. Let me say that shin splints have always been an issue for me, and as of now, I can't run or walk quickly without getting them; however, I can now do TF almost all high-impact without shin issues.

I was doing TF on my basement floor that is carpeting directly over cement (may be a very thin carpet pad under there, but who knows...the rug was there when we bought the house). I bought a set of those interlocking foam mats ($10 at Harbor Freight), and that added a bit of cushion and slightly helped with my SS.

You need to let your SS heal or at least rest by doing another form of exercise (believe me, been to PT for them and this is the only thing that will stop them from repeatedly forming). So, instead of doing TF, I did TurboJam with handweights for about 2 weeks, with 1 TF workout thrown in here and there. TJ is much lower impact and the moves are much slower so there's not as much stress.

Onto my shoes...biggest help by far! I was wearing a pair of Asics that were fitted to me at PT for running/walking...not good for TF. I ended up with a pair of Ryka sneakers that were flatter (not that huge wedge of foam in the heel) and the bottom is slicker, so it moves easily on the foam mats I'm using.

Since making all of these changes, I'm happy to say my SS are pretty much gone. I can do TF 60, TF 55, etc. etc. without any pain, which is miraculous!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!