Best mobile phone pedometer

Options
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give there opinion about if they have had success with mobile phone pedometer apps and what do you think is the best one?

Replies

• jolodo
    jolodo Posts: 24
    Options
    I downloaded a free pedometer app on 31 Dec for android and it seems to be working ok. Seems fairly accurate. I do turn it off when driving as I think some steps can be added then turn if on again when I get out of the car.

Think it could be trial and error to see what works best for you (and your phone).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I used Argus on my iPhone for a while and another one that was also pretty good. The only thing is you have to make sure to keep your phone on your person all the time or you lose some tracking.
  • K8Y88
    K8Y88 Posts: 48
    Options
    I use runtastic
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Walkmeter.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I use the built in HealthKit App that came with iOS8 on my iPhone 6 Plus. As long as I keep it in my pocket it will keep track of my steps and distance traveled. From what I have seen it seems to be fairly accurate so far. This is the distance that I walked in the Hospital ER at work today which is a typical day in a large ER during the winter time. Apples HealthKit app does sync with Myfitnesspal for those that need this feature.

qhryrdhm3ltk.jpg
  • bojanet
    bojanet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are the two other numbers on thedashboard? 2,519 and 18?
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I use the built in HealthKit App that came with iOS8 on my iPhone 6 Plus. As long as I keep it in my pocket it will keep track of my steps and distance traveled. From what I have seen it seems to be fairly accurate so far. This is the distance that I walked in the Hospital ER at work today which is a typical day in a large ER during the winter time. Apples HealthKit app does sync with Myfitnesspal for those that need this feature.

qhryrdhm3ltk.jpg

I use the Apple one too, but for some reason the steps on my phone are a different amount than what MFP is syncing...do you have any idea why?