im new here

Options
Im new here just need to lose some weight trying to get healthier im having difficulty giving up pepsi

Replies

• lawlifehanna
    lawlifehanna Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome!

How much Pepsi are you having daily? If you're having several cans/bottles a day, maybe try first cutting that in half and replacing the rest with something healthier (water with lemon slices, for example) and then cutting the rest. Going cold turkey can be tough.
  • jamieish1984
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new-ish to MFP. Have been a member for ages but haven't really used this until now. Going to try to have MFP as my journaling aspect of wellness for 2015. Definitely don't go cold turkey on the Pepsi...like the above said, just cut back in small amounts...soon it will be one can and you find it much easier to give up then. Don't switch to diet or any other version of Pepsi b/c that will make it more difficult to quite as the sweeteners in diet soda are quite addicting. Best of luck!
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I just wanted to comment and say that I know exactly what you are going through with trying to give up soda. Personally for me, after reading about how harmful soda is (look up and read on hfcs) and I cut back on it drastically until I ended up not drinking it anymore. I have replaced it with drinking water, tea and the very rare coffee. I remember once at a family gathering, I had a sip of pepsi and it was so sweet, it was disgusting. I know it's difficult to cut soda entirely but slowly cutting the amount you have might be easier or maybe find an alternative to soda that's healthy.
  • mrsfeliciaburnett
    Options
    I could drink 6 cans a day since I started this I'm done to one or 2 I hate looking at my intake at the end of the day. I was doing extra car dio last night just because of pepsi