What music do you play to get HYPED?

votick
votick Posts: 77 Member
Everyone has at least 1 song like this, that song that gives you a rush of energy the moment you hear it, as if you just become invincible.

Post the song/genre below!

One of my personal favourites (especially @0:50 in song). I play this when I'm reaching the end of a run and need that final intense sprint to end it off. Feel like I can do anything with this playing.
Genre: melodic death metal
Song: Whispered - Thousand Swords
https://youtube.com/watch?v=382WTnI-RdI

Another one that gives me a huge rush of energy near the end of a run, or on days when I'm feeling extra tired --
Genre: Power Metal
Song: Sabaton - The Price of a Mile
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BEY7Ton1gO4

Replies

• donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Rage Against The Machine
  • votick
    Listening to their "Evil Empire" album. This is actually pretty catchy.
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited January 2015
    It varies but I tend to listen to Blood For Blood a lot at the gym.

Song: Still F**ked up
    Genre: Punk
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    usually symphonic metal (nightwish/Epica) or I'll go rock (story of the year)
  • joshkovitz
    joshkovitz Posts: 10 Member
    I'm always playing some third wave ska... Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, Suicide Machines

Just gets me pumped
  • dawnkent0626
    dawnkent0626 Posts: 14 Member
    Toby Mac "Showstopper". Mandisa's "Good Morning". Steven Curtis Chapman "Love Take Me Over". Positive vibes with good dance beats.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Bring Em Out by T.I.
    Victory by Puff Daddy and Notorious BIG
    Jump by Van Halen
    We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister
    Turn Down for What by DJ Snake and Lil Jon
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    The Cult of Personality - Living Colour
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    workout music!!!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    I don't have a specific song, but hip hop and pop music are what I listen to when I work out.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    I always start my lifts with KidRock - American Bad *kitten*
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    My preferences vary depending on my mood or the workout, but for that jolt during a run, I love The Bleeding (Five Finger Death Punch) or The Great Destroyer (NIN). I'm a little weird. I like hard rock/metal for runs, but that's music I listen to anyway. For lifting/strength training I like raunchy hip hop, which I don't really listen to at other times.
  • votick
    dorkyfaery wrote: »
    For lifting/strength training I like raunchy hip hop, which I don't really listen to at other times.
    Yeah I noticed this for myself as well; except with rap. I listen to pretty much just metal but during a workout I may put on DMX or Crossroad by Bone Thugs n harmony (which isn't even an intense song).
  • ZenDoggie
    ZenDoggie Posts: 74 Member
    Slipnot
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Calabria 2008 =)
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Greenback Boogie - Ima Robot
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I noticed this for myself as well; except with rap. I listen to pretty much just metal but during a workout I may put on DMX or Crossroad by Bone Thugs n harmony (which isn't even an intense song).

I love DMX for lifting. Also a lot of the newer stuff that is (to me) straight up garbage (Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Wayne).

• Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    I mostly listen to hip hop, but when I need a push during a run I always play Down with the Sickness or Radioactive. These songs always give me a boost
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    For cardiovascular it's cheerleadering or Zumba music. For weights I have been feeling nostalgic for the 80s lately.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    I like all music, anything with a good beat. But there are a few songs that actually make me want to work out if I hear them.. For some reason, Cee Lo Greens "Bright Lights Bigger City" makes me want to workout. And a lot of dance songs from the 90's. I hate most music these days.