5'4" and a half girls!

Options
Hey guys, I'm new here and am looking to add friends with the same weight goals as myself for some help and motivation! I'm 5'4" and a half (I HATE being a halfy!) Started at 130 (which is the highest ive ever been), currently weight 117 but want to end up at my goal which is 110. So any advice for us small to medium frames would be gratefully appreciated! Oh and Im currently at a plateau :( Thanks for your time and help!

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Nataliethin81 Posts: 315
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5...145 now, goal weight is 125.
  • carocarito
    carocarito Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 5'4 and a HALF! I hate it too. lol I have to lose a lot more weight though. Shooting for 150lbs right now...
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm just 5'4, my original GW was 120. Today I'm 118.5 and I'm thinking about going to 115/116 but definitely no more. I don't want to look like a cadaver.
  • kamoqueen
    kamoqueen Posts: 5
    Options
    Im 5'4" and 3/4 so I understand completely. My little sister is even taller than me. But I have never been as lite as you are, so good going. I am aiming for 135lbs currently. The lowest I have ever been is 125. I would love to have you as a friend to encourage further weight loss.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", not sure about the half;) and I started at 117. I wanted to be 110 and got there for a split second but I am 113 on the last weigh-in and think I have to focus on eating right and toning up and not so much about the scale-but that doesn't stop me from weighing in all the time.
    What are your fitness and nutrition goals? I am trying to avoid sugar and flour at the moment, and trying to get 100+ grams of protein every day. I am also lifting three days per week and trying HIIT two times per week.
    Feel free to add me, and join us on this thread for girls who don't have much to lose:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/227513-not-that-heavy-girls-trying-to-lose-weight
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    5/4 and a half here! I currently weigh 149 and my first goal is 145 - then see how I feel and next goal will be 135. I started at 183 so it's nice seeming my real frame finally start showing.

I might end up going down to 125 - but I love food. My end goal is to feel great and be healthy. Add me!
  • nerd314
    nerd314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 26 years old and I'm 5'2 1/2 so a little different and weigh 111. I am fine with the weight itself but i am having the hardest time losing my belly, which is where all the weight goes. I have a pouch! I'm pretty short so I don't always carry weight well. Being this frame it's hard to burn a large amount of calories and even harder to lose body fat. I'd be curious to see what other people have to say about this.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 47 kgs - about 103.6 lbs. I'm definitely NOT dieting, but just eating healthy and trying to be toned (:

About your plateau:
    to bust a plateau, one day I'd eat about 2,000 cals, just to confuse your body. I think your metabolism needs a kick to work properly again :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    5' 2 1/2" here also!! I'm down to 113, and feel that this is where i need to be. I'm also working to tone the abs, and little by little it is working! Lots of cardio with some strength and ab work is doing it. I love anything Jillian Michaels!

Here is the bummer: for maintenance I get fewer calories than some people get to lose!! That's why cardio will always be a part of my life. I just have to be fit, or I'll be automatically fat. Oh, and also, I have almost no torso length. I'm all arms and legs. So that means I look heavy with even a little extra weight. Oh to be tall and willowy. . . .
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" but I'm nowhere near how small I should be. I know I have a small frame, but as of now I'm aiming for 150, then going to judge how much more I'd like to lose when I get to that point.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 3/4 in My goal is for me to be healthier period. but to be at a normal BMI would be great so 50-60 lbs to go
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2 and 122 lbs. Goal of 115 for now, highest of 148 :)