What did 2014 do for you?

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
While every one around me is making resolutions for 2015, I'm looking back at 2014 to see my progress.

It was a pretty good year for me. I lost 35 lbs, ran my first 5k (plus 3 more!), and got job title change and a significant pay raise.

My 1 year difference picture:
o8sr4ow65pcp.jpg

I want to hear from you. How was 2014 for you?

Replies

• rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    2014 was a super great year! :D :
    I graduated high school
    I went on vacation with my boyfriend and his family in the summer
    Got my first job
    lost 27.6 pounds since the beginning of August (when I found MFP)
    and my boyfriend of 4 and a half years proposed
  • dale530
    dale530 Posts: 78
    Options
    2014 was great for me. I was able to lose 113# and am still going!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My wife and I had our second son in June. In August I started trying to get fit. Found out I liked running. Ran in two five k's and one 5 mile race and lost 37 pounds along the way
  • socunpato
    Options
    2014 was unbelievable. I lost some weight, yeah, but most importantly I started learning to love and appreciate myself, and that helped with everything else! I got my bachellor's degree, wrote my thesis, got my first job and moved out of my parents' to a different country, where I've met truly amazing people and found love :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!

Losing 30 pounds was the only thing that made 2014 bearable. It was a year of grief and misery. 2015 will be better.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    2014 kinda sucked. Work sucked, finances sucked, didn't travel anywhere, gained weight. Had a fairly successful tennis season, but other than that, not much exciting happened.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you guys! Some amazing accomplishments here. Hungry Annie, maybe 2015 will be a better year. :)

2014 was pretty great for me. I lost 15 lbs, but more importantly, I started feeling stronger and healthier thanks to yoga, running, and eating better. It feels great! The end of the year added on another 5 lbs, but knowing that I got on track once makes me confident that I will get on track again.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My husband and I bought our first house, adopted a dog, and I lost 40 lbs using MFP.
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I was in a car accident in February and now have 3 herniated discs in my neck that I'm still dealing with. But then it went uphill...I graduated law school cum laude, bought my first ever brand new car, went on a fantastic vacation in the mountains, PASSED the New York bar exam!!!!,, received a great job offer that will begin 1/20, and maintained my weight after a 70 pound loss in 2012.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!