Im that girl

Options

Replies

• Dgangaware
    Dgangaware Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great post and so well said. I know how you feel. It was so bad I don't think I even knew what it felt like to be hungry. When I felt tired - I ate. When I felt happy - I ate. When I felt stressed - I ate. You can do this and retrain your mind and body! Please feel free to add me. This is a great place with lots of solid advice and support. Best to you!
  • WWflunky999
    WWflunky999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ditto! i'm that girl too!
  • DemetraDawn
    DemetraDawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Anyone here, feel free to add me :) We can do this!
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing! I think the first step is being determined to make a change, and it sounds like you are.

I've always had a food obsession, and although I'm at a healthy weight, it's not easy. And it's frustrating (but understandable) when other people don't get it, and tell you that you look great and not to worry about it. When I mention food struggles, I get an eye roll and a "ugh but you're skinny" response. But what those people don't get is how hard it was to get here, and how hard it is to stay here. Constantly thinking about your next meal, even while you're eating, and wondering when you get to eat more, and why you can't have a burger and fries instead of a salad, gets exhausting. But I have to say, being at my goal weight, which I NEVER thought I'd reach, feels GREAT. And it doesn't even matter anymore that the number is what I want it to be, it feels great just to be in shape and feel good about myself (despite the recent gain because of the holidays...). I feel strong and healthy now, and it's amazing.

It's a long journey ahead, but there's an amazing support system here, and if you set your mind to it, you can do it!!!! The food struggles may never go away (they sure haven't for me), but you can get them under control, and the outcome is worth it! :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so honest.

Now tell me all about the girl you want to be, in as many or more words as you just introduced yourself.
  • NotGuiltylawyer
    NotGuiltylawyer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi i am new to this, first week of diet and excercice. Worked out 3 times in a row, feeling tired but i am going on my lunch hour. Hoping this works, and works for good. Tired of being tired.
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ditto to so many things that were said in this thread! I seem to have lost my way the last couple of months and have struggled to get going again. I'm ready to do this! Friend request sent. :smiley:
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I agree with all that was said. I too was (am) that girl! When I first was dating my husband he was so excited he had found a girl who didn't order water and salad during her date. Instead, I ordered the steak and potatoes as well as dessert. He never cared but many years later never considered that my desk job doesn't allow it like his physically demanding career. So now I still order steak with dessert occasionally but I am at least mindful of my behavior. It takes time to change a behavior. Just keep in mind the ABCs...
    Antecedent - Behavior - Consequence
    Boredom - Mindless snacking - weigh gain
    If you start to recognize it you can avoid the antecedent or create a non compatible behavior that helps you avoid over eating, etc.

I am always open to new friends and wish you all the best!

Cheers!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's the lack of nutrition in food. Try eating organic and see if your appetite changes significantly
  • m1chandler
    Options
    I'm that girl, You said it exactly and nailed it for how I am afraid of putting it out there for myself. Thank you! I would love it if you added me as well :)
  • boatdrinks2015
    Options
    in so many ways, I'm that guy. There are a lot of us, and we need to change.
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am on this journey too!
  • caitsaunt
    caitsaunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Feel free to add me too. :)
  • yoovie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    can any of you say anything about who the person want to become, or you just laser focused on who you are and dont want to be. You cant just say - I dont want to be this anymore. That's like tearing down a government with no plan as to what you'll replace it with.

If you're gonna have a regime change in your life, you better get nice and familiar with what you're replacing the old King with.

Otherwise, you're just staring at stagnant.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    A year and a half ago I was that girl, almost exactly how you describe it. Over the past 6 years I fought several battles with that girl, finally something clicked, she and I reconciled our differences and eventually the fit, healthy me won. It's not an easy road to travel, you very well may have to do it more than once, but it is so worth it! You can do it, I promise! Anyone, please feel free to add me.
  • Njaniszewski
    Options
    New to this and when i was looking at the different post i saw you're post "I'm that girl". Reading everyone thread it's great too see that others feel the same. I'm that girl as well and I promise myself that this is it. Rock bottom I have hit. I'm doing it for me but also for my children and husband. I have everything that I want the only part missing is the healthy me!! Thank you for ur post, it would be great to follow you, if u can add me as a friend it would be great! Cheers
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this site. I have never tried to diet in my life but now find myself 60-70 pounds overweight and hate the way I look in pictures. This is all new to me. I started a 1200 calorie a day diet on 12/16/14 and lost 11 pounds. I know I can do this and so can you! Your mind and body just need to get used to eating healthy. My first day I bought low cal, low carb cereal and was so pissed I wanted to throw it on the floor because it tasted so bad. Now I have been eating it for 3 weeks and can't say I love it but it's not so bad anymore. I find that researching calories really helps me to avoid fattening foods- 1 donut hole is 70 calories- geez that's a third of my allowed breakfast calories! I welcome any advice, tips & friends. Thanks!
  • Tesstax_43085
    Tesstax_43085 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I truly am at a loss for how overwhelming it is to feel the love coming from all your post. I can't add people for some reason. When I click on names it tells me page has expired or moved. So please take no offense if I don't add you as a friend, but feel free to add me. It truly is wonderful to have so many people on here willing to lend a helping hand throughout this process with myself and yourself.

I like what one person asked about writing who I want to be instead of who I am. So here it goes:
    I want to be healthy inside and out, I want to be able to walk up stairs without hurting or being out of breath, I want to have the energy to play with my son, I want to be able to buy those cute clothes you only see in smaller sizes, I want to look at myself in the mirror and be happy, I want to learn to love myself, I want to be that person you see running at the park just for the enjoyment, and I will be there one day soon.

We got this everyone. I have learned some valuable goal setting strategies in my motivation and emotion class. Be specific with your goals, and when I say specific I mean times, places, meal plans, and exercise plans all written out so specific that a stranger understands. The more specific you are with your goal strategies the more likely you are to follow through. Give yourself set days for feedback so you can dertermine if what you are doing is working, or do you need to tweak the plan. Focusing on past successes and not failures, and of course like we are doing right now...getting encouragement from those around you.

• yoovie
    Options
    Those are really great thing to be able to do, but who do you want to be. See her clearly. Get to know her!
  • Tesstax_43085
    Tesstax_43085 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Those are really great thing to be able to do, but who do you want to be. See her clearly. Get to know her!

I will work on that. It will take some time for me to really see who it is I want to be because right now...I'm just not sure.