Weights?

Options
Hello all, I need to buy more dumbbells for my weight training, and I am hoping to find a good price on them. I know where i can get them but if anyone knows of a place that sells them at an excellent price that would be helpful, thanks!

Replies

• StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I got my 5lb weights used at the salvation Army :)
  • chrish1981
    chrish1981 Posts: 156
    Options
    I know Five Below (if you have one by you; everything in the story is $5 or less) has some weights, but I'm not sure how high they go.

They also have some other workout stuff (bands, etc).
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I got two PowerBlocks at BestBuy. $79 a set. Each set contains one dumbbell with weight ranges from 6-24#. You can adjust the dumbbell to the weight of your choosing by placing the pin in the correct slot. I love them. They are along the same idea as the Bowflex SelectTech dial-a-weight dumbbells, but they arent as heavy and nowhere NEAR the price :D

powerblock-dumbbell.jpg
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Buy them second hand on Ebay or an equivalent if you can be bothered with the hassle. Many people buy them new, barely use them and then sell them for half the price. Sweeeeet.

If you think you will use them a lot then buy an adjustable set and add as you go. This ultimately saves on price and space.

Finally, check out Scooby's Workshop for some great plans and advice for working out at home. It's completely free. Don't give your money to some naff fitness company who are only looking to rip you off....
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options

Finally, check out Scooby's Workshop for some great plans and advice for working out at home. It's completely free. Don't give your money to some naff fitness company who are only looking to rip you off....

I just discovered Scooby's Workshop, I really like his straight forward approach.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I just discovered Scooby's Workshop, I really like his straight forward approach.

Scooby rocks lol.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they are in your area, but Play It Again Sports, sells second hand equipment and there prices are generally pretty reasonable.